Discuss Fixings in thermalite block in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dhes

I'm about to mount a basin without a pedestal on a thermalite block wall any one got any top tips with regards to fastenings. The plugs it comes with which the studing fits look as though they will just crush the thermalite block when they are tightened.

i assume these are fischer bolt type fixings i find the trick is only drill to the depth you need and blow any dust out of the hole

Yes they are fisher type fixings, looks like 10mm stud with a type of plas plug.

stick like shiz it and tell your customer its only goint to be as strong as the wall construction.

Drill a hole all the way through block, take off hammer so u don't blow out. Get a long bit of. M8 rod and biggest toggle avail. Push it all the way so hits brick on external leaf. Squirt hole full of Hilti hit. Move in and out to get good coverage. Pull tight so toggle locks in. Use a plate and screw to hold stud tight for24hrs .......
Then fit sink. Wall will collapse before stud comes free.

My thoughts too. There was an advert years ago for Hilti resin which showed an eye bolt in concrete with a Mini slung underneath I seem to remember.

Some of the resins are faster setting.

I tried this resin the other day, I couldn't get a good fixing into a wall so I filled the hole with resin and used the Fischer bolts, the resin done an excellent job they wasn't going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fixings in thermalite block in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back