Discuss First real job done in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Armo74

Hello guys,

Well, went to do first real job for client today all seemed to go well.
Installed outside tap had slight weep from service valve :sad3:
quick nip up with spanner done the trick:smiley2:
All tested and watertight. Client very happy with job and price said she would have me back and recommend me to others. Fingers crossed the first job of many.

i remember my first job was the exact same thing, sealed it up on the brickwork white white silicone, different types of pipework plastic hep into copper into compression fittings into push fit, it was a right mess!!! but when i done it, it felt good haha

Thanks for the replys guys. look forward to picking the brains of the experts in the future.

fitted an outside tap a few weeks back, all nice and tidy
got a call back within the week, said they had to turn it of inside because it wouldn't close outside.
went to have a look, a bit confused as to what's the problem.
opened it up, the washer completely torn ( it was a new tap )
fitted a new washer, job done again

ps - please don't let this worry you unduly

fitted an outside tap a few weeks back, all nice and tidy
got a call back within the week, said they had to turn it of inside because it wouldn't close outside.
went to have a look, a bit confused as to what's the problem.
opened it up, the washer completely torn ( it was a new tap )
fitted a new washer, job done again

ps - please don't let this worry you unduly

No call back as yet fingers crossed. Dont suppose anybody really thinks about stripping a brand new item down to check it, just very bad luck.

No call back as yet fingers crossed. Dont suppose anybody really thinks about stripping a brand new item down to check it, just very bad luck.

Fitted a brand new boiler with a siezed circulator in it :32:

Well done mate. First of many. Don't forget to keep all your scrap. It soon builds up for some Christmas beer money

Fitted a brand new boiler with a siezed circulator in it :32:

Wasn't an Isar was it? When I was fitting these on the warmfront scheme we had a lot that came seized before they started fitting Grundfos pumps in them. You could get them going by spinning them but you just knew that warmsure would be out within a couple of weeks fitting a new pump.

Wasn't an Isar was it? When I was fitting these on the warmfront scheme we had a lot that came seized before they started fitting Grundfos pumps in them. You could get them going by spinning them but you just knew that warmsure would be out within a couple of weeks fitting a new pump.

No it was a Firebird - and it was a Grundfos pump, like you say easy to start again but you don't expect to be doing that do you ?

Yes everything upto correct regs. Tap had one built in but fitted one anyway. maybe being over cautious.

Yes everything upto correct regs. Tap had one built in but fitted one anyway. maybe being over cautious.

Nice one Armo :)

By the way, you weren't being over-cautious, you were correct.

New installations are required to have a double check valve located within the property. The taps with inbuilt double checks are only intended for use when existing taps on old non-compliant installations are replaced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to First real job done in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock