Currently reading:
Fernox TF1 filter - Advise Please

Discuss Fernox TF1 filter - Advise Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

milburn9

I've just had one of these devices fitted , well 3 days ago, and conducted my first clean today.I've followed the instructions and removed the magnetic tube that runs through the middle of the unit - It was completely shiny brand new clean. Is this what i should be expecting ? I would have thought it should have picked up some metal particles ?

I've drained from the bottom drain plug and about an inch of jet black water has come out into my bucket - Im presuming every time I clean the unit , the water should very gradually get clearer ?

Also, how often should i be repeating the process to start with - daily , weekly , monthly

Thanks in advance

I would just get in cleaned on its yearly service if I where you. If done too often then the isolators mat start to leak and that can't be good.

yes the shiny bit is hte magnet and that in not meant to make any contact as all sunstances should stick to the plastic wehn the magnetic inside the plastic then can be dropped of when the magnet removed

if you just pull the magnet out the crud will be going round the system now

have you not got the instructions?

Thanks Plumbstar Tom

Ive got some very basic instructions that tells you how to drain the filter - but it doesnt say how often to and what to expect.

I've had problems with luke-warm rads and this is my first starting point - my plumbers going to return after xmas to see if anything has improved / flush the whole system out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fernox TF1 filter - Advise Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back