Currently reading:
Feeding radiator from above

Discuss Feeding radiator from above in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi fitted many a radiator over the years, but never from above. Have radiator hanging on kitchen wall for past 6 months but not connected yet. Kitchen floor is concrete so can't fit pipe under floor and don't want to start taking units out to fit pipes behind them.. Can i feed from above. In process of fitting new bathroom and now have access to floor directly above kitchen radiator. I'm thinking pumped system shouldn't be a problem, but do i put valves at top or bottom ?

Really Guys. Don't you have proper jobs to do.

If i didn't know better i'd think you were jealous !!!

ooooooh rough as a badgers- you'll burn yourself ooooooh

Even Millsy saw the joke in my previous post.

For the record the column radiator was the most practical option for that space.It is also cheaper to run than a plinth heater with fan.The radiator is about a foot of the ground for a reason. The stop valve is at the end off the units, if i put the radiator any further down i would not have access in an emergency. All factors taken into consideration.
Originally the plan was to bury the pipework in the wall but as the kitchen had been done the year before i decided it would have been too messy to cut out the channels in a poured concrete wall. i don't like boxed in pipe as it looks worse then the pipes you see in the pic.
The truth is that it works and 4 years on we don't even notice the pipes any more.
One day i may even go back and bury the pipes but until then as the Stigster said

"I think the most important thing here is that OP has done the work himself, got a warm kitchen now and is happy to live with the aesthetics. I wouldn't pay someone to do that but seeing as the people in the home are OK with it that's all that matters really.

Personally, I'm pleased for Bravehearts and his warm kitchen." And soon to be warmer home, i can here them drilling as i type.:cowboy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Feeding radiator from above in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock