Currently reading:
Favorite Pet Hates (Why would you do that !!) - Please list yours

Discuss Favorite Pet Hates (Why would you do that !!) - Please list yours in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Voidbetween

Iv been in the Industry for approx 30+ years,and over that time I have come across work that you ask yourself why would you do that !!!

Too many to list, but here's a few, -
Solder running down pipes, or flux corrosion because not cleaned,
Slight leaks at compression joints,
Damage to flooring and especially joists,
Flexi hoses everywhere,
Cheap isolating valves fitted on heating systems (why?)
Plastic pipework installed like a mass of wires,
Plastic pipes and push fit on show,
Motorised valves, or pumps or other serviceable parts installed in an awkward or impossible to work at place, or with pipework in front of them,
Teeth marks from grips on radiator valves or other valves and fittings, especially on chrome.

Last edited:
lol I woz going to get them off my chest one by one !

prv placement on Worcester Greenstar Combi

boiler manufacturers who have no care about installers fingers.......... WB the main offender, how come indergas dont shred my hands?

Warmflow combi oil boiler.
(That fits in the OP question "Why would you do that!!")

Boilers with no safety valves.
Cylinders and boilers pipe up with qualpex.
Dirty lazy plumbers leaving rubbish behind.
Boilers installed but not commissioned properly.
Bad workmanship in general

Upside-down outside taps.

Magnaclean filters fitted so close to the ceiling u cant get the magnet out !

Metal nuts on plastic threads. Usually an iso. tap connector with hard fibre washer.

No drain off valve on hot water cylinder.
Best one, mains water connected to prv on system boiler!

IMG_20160816_114256248.jpgIMG_20160816_114832554.jpg working on flavel /kinder gas fires,had to remove a full facia,glass assembly,fuel bed with lots of coals,burner then gas valve locking screws could be located,slide the lot out from underneath just to change a ods,screws fixing it in are totally inaccessible

Quarter turn pump valves - whhyyyyy!!!

Push fit iso valves with plastic slotted turns

Toilet cisterns with no access to maintain

Iso valves underneath baths you can't reach

Communal water services with no local stopcock

I could go on..

Asking for a pack of 22mm olives at plumbs and being given 3/4" and not realising til I get to the job

Pulling bodies out of the oggin, it is happening too often folks, be careful on holiday.

Tenants who switch on the washing machine and dishwasher at 7.55am knowing that the boilers being replaced at 8am. Morons.
Fellow employees who moan about how hard they have it and yet never say a word to bosses.
Tenants who think pipes should be painted to match the 20 year old chipped paint. Get a job, get a life, get lost.
Ptfe tape that splits on the roll. Tedious.
Grahams delivery drivers thinking 9.30 is first thing.
Health and safety idiots.

Tenants who ask for an 8am appointment to trace a leak from the bathroom yet one of them is in the shower when I arrive.. *^%#

Customers telling you its a 5 minute job and that they'd have done it themselves if they had the tools.

Kitchen taps being supplied with flexis and not copper tails

Everflux separating in the pot for no good reason

Customers calling you out of hours to see if you'll come and quote for a tap washer

Lifting floorboards and finding some plonker has notched almost entirely through the joists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Favorite Pet Hates (Why would you do that !!) - Please list yours in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock