Search the forum,

Discuss Faucet for sink in garage in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I put a sink in my garage 5 years ago. It is not heated. I installed shut off valves in the copper lines back in the basement, the kind with the little drain caps. So I shut the water off, remove those drain caps and open the faucet to drain it every fall. This spring I had a leak from the base of the faucet. Did I not get it all drained properly? See pic for the type faucet it was. Is there a particular type faucet I should get for this application? I am kind of limited by the sink we re-used. It has 4 holes and the faucet has to come out of the far left hole.

Well it wouldn't let me upload the pics. Sais it wasn't an image as it expected. They are jpg??

Sadly images are not loading at the moment. We are working on fixing this ASAP.

We have ordered a new faucet similar to what we had. I'm thinking of rigging up a copper fitting to attach to the braided supply hose when I drain the system. It will have a rubber insert such that I can insert a compressed air nozzle into the rubber and blow out any left over water that didn't drain. Think that can work?

Reply to Faucet for sink in garage in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock