Currently reading:
Electric Boiler

Discuss Electric Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smtplumbing

has anyone fitted these, one customer is looking for a wet system I will doing all the wet work and my sparky will do all the other works.

Any advice would be greatfull

not sure tbh i need to work out how big i would need

2 rules of thumb with electric systems

1) Don't go over 11kw on single phase domestic electric supply
2) Don't try to heat water instantaneously. Always opt for a storage based solution (eg direct unvented)

Wrestling with the laws of physics rarely works out well for the human in the bout.

The amptecs a good bit of kit, along with a direct unvented with dual immersions. One for overnight and a boost. Did one of these before christmas.

simon g what else would be need to do the above what unvented did you put in

Thanks

It was a solid fuel system that they wanted to change the stove to a room heater only. Took out the vented cylinder and fitted a 210 RM Stelflow direct. The amptec went into the same cupboard with pump, expansion vessel (sealed the system) and filling loop. Sparky ran a 10mm cable in for me and away it went. Been in about 4 months now, cust happy with it and no pressure loss, so im happy as well.

Went for the 9kw unit. Its running 9 rads and 2 towel rails.

The amptecs a good bit of kit, along with a direct unvented with dual immersions. One for overnight and a boost. Did one of these before christmas.

Did exactly the same in January. Piece of cake and customer is well happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electric Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock