Discuss dripping flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont see how vaillant can wriggle out of flue problems no matter who manufactured the part they supply the boiler flue as a package with warranty i doubt if they make their own o rings but still warranty them

If its not got a correct fall on the flue, im sure you could argue the fluids sitting on the seals will cause them deteriorate and swell causing them to fail?

What ever way I look at it, its the installers fault.

I doubt they make the majority of the parts and they still cover them all, ridiculous of them trying to get out of it on that excuse!

Sorry for being dumb but can some explain what ID stands for in this thread.
I'm suffering this exact problem with my boiler and just trying to make sense of what's being said.
Also AR?

Thanks

Sorry for being dumb but can some explain what ID stands for in this thread.
I'm suffering this exact problem with my boiler and just trying to make sense of what's being said.
Also AR?

Thanks

ID is immediately dangerous and AR is at risk.
To put it in layman's terms
ID would be something that 'will' cause a danger to life or property etc if it hasn't already done so.
AR is something that if left, could, possibly cause a danger to life or property etc.

Last edited:
Thanks. Immediately dangerous isn't good.

Sorry to bring this old thread back up but if anyone from before is still reading did Vaillant ever agree to cover these seals under warranty?

I had my boiler installed in March 2013. The following year it was serviced by the engineers who installed it and they initially failed it due to signs of water being found on the outside of the flue on a bend and in the boiler. It turns out condensate was escaping through a seal on a bend and then running down the outer pipe back to the boiler and a small amount was dripping from the bend on to a plastic inspection hatch in my ceiling. They replaced the seal and it seemed to fix it. There was minor signs of water on the same bend the following year as small corrosion and water marks on the upper side of the inspection hatch but none was flowing back to the boiler.
Yesterday water started pouring through the inspection hatch in to my hallway. It had started dripping again at the same place, filled the plastic inspection hatch door and then poured out. I turned the boiler off and the drip stopped. A few hours later I turned the heating back on to test and within minutes the drip started again.

So my question....

Is this a Vaillant defect where their seals are failing or should I be complaining back to the installation team as it's clearly never been right.
Vaillant say they don't cover the flue but do cover seals but need the installation team to investigate first anyway. The installation company are saying its past their 12 months warranty and now should be covered by Vaillant. Neither can attend until Monday which really doesn't help.

Any advice or stories of how these have been fixed before appreciated.

Thanks

First of all I would ask the installer back to look see whether it is rain water or condensate. ( this time ).
If it is rainwater, then they need to re fit the flue correctly. If it's what you think it is i.e. condensate, I personally would invite the Vaillant rep with an Engineer to your property.

Don't be fobbed off. Not only is a leaking, exhaust dripping acidic condensate which will undoubtedly make its way into your boiler and potentially do damage, there is also a possibility that exhaust gas can get into the air intake and cause the boiler to burn incorrectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to dripping flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock