Currently reading:
Drilling hole for toilet stack

Discuss Drilling hole for toilet stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marsaday

I want to drill my hole for the toilet stack because i have an internal condensate i want to run into it and currently it is going into a bucket.

I haven't bought the toilet yet and havent built the bathroom (attic conversion), so is there a standard when which to drill the hole off ie, how many cm's from the floor to the centre of the hole ?

I could just measure my current toilet, but thought i would ask to see if there is a usual measurement i should work to.

I presume you mean your boiler is in the attic and you want to run the boier condensate into a vertical soil stack?

You need a strap on boss with a 1 1/4" outlet, then a rubber 1 1/4" to 22mm reducing bung pushed into this, into which you can push the 22mm solvent weld condensate pipe.

The hole diameter you need in the stack will be written on the strap on boss. It needs to be at least 200mm above the WC branch. The boss is solvent welded onto the stack when ready but be careful to make sure you get it on the right way up (will have "top" marked on one side).

Last edited:
Sorry i was not clear. this is not about the condensate, but the actual toilet outlet. I need to drill a hole in the wall to take the soil stack waste (100mm approx). I wondered how high off the floor do you drill the hole. I havent got the toilet yet, but need to get my hole drilled (scaffold is outside and is going back soon). Is there a standard measurement you use from the floor to the middle of the toilet outlet waste ?

You need to choose your WC first. The centre of the WC outlet for a lot of makes is 200mm above the floor but beware as it does vary with different makes. Remember you need to slightly tilt the pipe down from the pan to where it passes through the wall. For a 200mm outlet, 180mm would be OK for the centre of your hole.

yes i know about tiliting the drill downwards. Ok, so it is about 200mm, that sounds about right. thanks for the info.

best advice is get the loo and then drill the hole, save pain later on when merchants pass you off with some portugese porcelain thats lower than the norm, been caught out in the passed and its true water flows downhill better than up!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus dont forget about your tile thickness if youre going to tile the floor.

as said buy the bog and measure it has a guide about 7 1/2 inches,to the centre but they all varie considerably

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drilling hole for toilet stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock