Search the forum,

Discuss Downstairs Bathroom - Sewage smell in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

We have had a bad sewage smell coming from the downstairs toilet for the last few years. We had a new suite put in back in 2019 which didn't resolve the issue. The smell seems to be coming from the sink side of the room. I have removed the sink unit now and can see that the waste pipe just seems to fit in a hole in the ground. The pipe in the ground also seems to be damaged. Is this likely to be the cause of the issue (potential stagnant water not draining properly into the main drain)?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_3444.jpeg
    IMG_3444.jpeg
    471.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3441.jpeg
    IMG_3441.jpeg
    455.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
It won’t be stagnant water, it’ll be sewer gasses emanating from the gap around the pipe. It’s a bit rough. You’d probably need to expose the drain a little more to ascertain how to connect it up, or do the job properly.

Reply to Downstairs Bathroom - Sewage smell in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock