Discuss Disaster and stress! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only needs a water softener if the test strip provided with the boiler says it does.

Thanks, and morning! Yes a Combi-Mate was fitted. I do not believe any analysis was done, as I have no read out. They came back on day 3, went to get an elbow for the flue, fired it up, showed me the controls and went.
:32:
Yes they are Oftec registered, Oftec confirmed that with me last week.

No CD 10 or CD 11 were given to me. And I have a feeling that they will be falsified.

My temper is running very short with them. They are only coming back because I didn't pay them the full amount, and I have persisted with the faults with the showers, and leaks.

When they arrive this morning, and I demand the CD 10/11. If they say they can't give them to me, am I within my rights to ask them to leave, and get onto Oftec and Worcester Bosch? As I say, my temper is very short and that is what I feel like doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaa right, i wondered why are people using inserts with compression fittings on copper pipe lol yeah i just use type B. dont know any1 who uses the flared fittings anymore in domestic, havent even seen em since college :)

Dear Fedup, they must give you a CD10 which is an installation completion report and they must either commission, or arrange for it to be commissioned, this will involve a small print out from an electronic flue gas analyser and the document referred to above, the CD11.
I don't know about W Bosch but most manufacturers supply these documents with the boiler.
If I were you, I wouldn't pay them any more atall until they have refitted the boiler according to manufacturers instructions, so that's the condensate and distance from the wall at least. If you have more than 8 or 9 radiators it would be worth asking if they calculated the water capacity of the house, many combi installations require an extra expansion vessel in the house otherwise again, there'll be no guarantee (this allows the water in the system to expand when hot). I'd also ask them to verify the cables are heat resistant, maybe if they are electrically qualified.

Did they flush the system out too? A reasonable indicator of their integrity there is to have a look in the loft inside the small water tank - should be nice and clean in there.

Thanks Bunker. They did say they flushed the system through. As to the small water tank in the loft, there isn't one. They took out a big water tank, and the small water tank.

I am waiting for them to turn up, and I have contacted Worcester Bosch who are sending out an engineer today, as the fumes are bad indoors.

Type B fittings are the flared fittings (well thats what I was always told) and that is what I use in domestic. Far more reliable than compression fittings. Rarely use compression fittings.

Inserts must ALWAYS be used with compression fittings or if there is the slightest movement in the pipe, it deforms causing the joint to weep. 10mm and under is soft copper not like Table X 15mm and above hard copper which is work hardened and does not deform as easily. Also there must not be any soldered joints in an oil line.

Last edited:
Aaa right, i wondered why are people using inserts with compression fittings on copper pipe lol yeah i just use type B. dont know any1 who uses the flared fittings anymore in domestic, havent even seen em since college :)

As said mate, a type B is a flared fitting.

If you are using standard compression on soft copper - then you are supposed to use an insert.

Unlike many others, I always use compression fittings. They're a bit quicker to fit and I've never had any issue with them. I don't argue at all that a type B is probably better though!

Yeah, me too. Inserts are pennies too, so god knows why people don't use em.

soakaway sould be 500 away from external wall and electical connections are ment to be inside remembering that external boiler has to have perm live for frost stat we put our cables through in a heat sleeve good luck

Update for all you lovely peeps. They came back yesterday morning, and tried it on with me, and then reluctantly agreed to do what they thought was wrong. A very, very kind Worcester Bosch inspector came out, and also told them what to put right. They did the work. And fitted 2 new showers.

However, 1. I have scolding water it is over 73 degrees celsius. And 2. I only ( still!!! ) have a small print out. They said they would return today with the CD10 and CD11. But.................. yeah you guessed it, no one came. Is the attached a proper reading? And thank you again. DSCN1036.jpg

Those readings are text book perfect although most of us would drop the CO2 a little.
Im glad its getting sorted. There is a mixer valve on the boiler which sadly is hard to turn, but you can adjust the water temp with that, or just turn the dial down on the front of the boiler for now.

Dont pay them til you get the CD10 & 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Disaster and stress! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back