Discuss Disaster and stress! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a CD10/11. Are they certificates? I was told certificates would take a month to get sent to me.

Yes you should have both of these. Don't pay anything until you have all the paperwork and are satisfied.

The LABC certificate can take up to a month sometimes, but you need the CD10 and CD11 for any warranty etc.

Last edited:
cd/11

images

I shouldn't really say this but I'm appalled by that installation. I'm not perfect but neither am I lazy and I pay good money to keep myself up to standard.

So, with this in mind, you can phone Worcester (phone number's in the manual.) They are very approachable and might send an engineer. It's in Worcester's interests to ensure a boiler's installed correctly as it's they who pay for the warranty ultimately.

I visited this thread earlier and felt I shouldn't post.

Then on returning I thought, "Flamin' 'eck! I spend hundreds on qualifying, learning, insurance and so on, so why should I put up with cowboys?!!!"

I did speak to Oftec last week, and they told me I had to try and resolve the problems, but they wouldn't help with the shower stuff. Only the boiler.

This is because the shower issue is technically not part of the install, but a symptom of the change in flow. However the company should have pointed out to you that it may need a flow reducer.

Get on to the installer, and double check that they actually are OFTEC registered.

Ask them to put in writing how they intend to replace the expansion vessel if it fails. Whether the condensate pipe work complies with building regulations (it doesn't BTW), whether they used inserts on the compressions joints of the 10mm soft copper, and whether the boiler has been commissioned properly with a pressure gauge on the pump and using an electronic combustion analyser. Ask them to put a copy of their print off with the reply for your records.

Then ask them where the CD10/11 is and ask if they have registered the install with building control.

Once you know all these things, you will know if you've got a bona fide heating engineer in your property....or not.

A bona fide heating installer does all those things automatically. It's standard practise.

I staple my print off from the analyser to the Benchmark details for the next service engineer to see.

Cowboys. They often make us guys look expensive. But we take the time to do the job properly, and to do all the paper work (which is a pain in the bum).

Annoying.

Oh no SimonG, I don't have anything like that!

That was a copy of a cd/11, basically the commissioning report. There's two copies, one for you and one for the commissioning engineer. There should also be a cd/10 which is the installation report, again two copies.

Danny - btw what do you mean inserts for 10mm copper?

They're like the ones used in plastic plumbing. From memory Type B fittings don't require them but Type A fittings do need them. Bit of a menace but they do make connections easier, ironically, as they give strength to the pipe.

I use type B fittings as standard where I can as they are the most reliable.

Totally agree with the above on all counts.
Please ask them to change the fire valve if its the old 90degree one, needs to be 65 degrees on a condensing boiler.
PLEASE tell me they fitted a proper water softener, otherwise it won't be under any warrantee and the heat exchanger won't last long (unless you naturally have soft water)
I'd definitely ask if an OFTEC inspector could come and look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Disaster and stress! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back