Discuss Direct or indirect? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be easier and safer to install aga? Flue mods best done by mfr and on a known system ..

It sounds like your going to be adding a flue hex to a stove not designed or purposely designed for it . I would be intouch with mfr before I did anything. Smoked fish is nice , smoked cakes and dead punters not so.

We're not talking about a pre-manufactured unit here. Masonry stoves and the building thereof might be rare in the UK, but there's a grand tradition of them elsewhere in northern Europe, Russia and the US. The design principles are well proven, scaleable and adaptable and they have a lot of advantages over manufactured metal units. They're WAY more fun to experiment with and build, super-efficient, very controllable, don't rust at the drop of a hat, and don't require a small mortgage to finance. I appreciate your concern, but I've been playing around with woodburners and masonry stoves for years, rebuilding some, building others. I haven't turned myself into toast yet and I have no intention of doing so anytime soon. Thanks for your input guys. My question is well and truly answered.

We're not talking about a pre-manufactured unit here. Masonry stoves and the building thereof might be rare in the UK, but there's a grand tradition of them elsewhere in northern Europe, Russia and the US. The design principles are well proven, scaleable and adaptable and they have a lot of advantages over manufactured metal units. They're WAY more fun to experiment with and build, super-efficient, very controllable, don't rust at the drop of a hat, and don't require a small mortgage to finance. I appreciate your concern, but I've been playing around with woodburners and masonry stoves for years, rebuilding some, building others. I haven't turned myself into toast yet and I have no intention of doing so anytime soon. Thanks for your input guys. My question is well and truly answered.

Why ask if your so sure you know what your doing lol

If I knew the answer, Gray0689, I wouldn't have asked. But ALL I asked was a simple plumbing question :)

If it's a masonry chimney u shouldn't be cooling gasses. U should build thermal stores into sides of fire ...... Much like has been done in Europe for the last 250 years .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Direct or indirect? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock