Currently reading:
CW off = Faulty boiler

Discuss CW off = Faulty boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomplumb83

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Never had a fault on a boiler in 8-9years. Drained loads of different systems down, never an issue.
Now had 3 go wrong in the last year. 2 in the same week! All system boilers.
All I'm doing is turning the stopcock off

First one was an Ideal. New bathroom fitted, later in the evening the customer is blaming me for the boiler not working. They called BG. Mind you, went back to finish off a week later and they never mentioned it...
Next one was a Viesmann. Turned water off, replaced a tap washer and got a call later telling me the boiler didnt work. Told them to get a gas man....
Third one, water went off. Later that day they had to get BG out who changed the pcb I think.
Either i'm doing something wrong or Im jinxed! Or these housewives are breaking them just so they can see me again? Abit drastic....
I dont touch boilers so I'm lucky these customers have BG contracts, otherwise I would have been shelling out alot of money for the sake of changing a tap washer!

The moral of the story is snatch everything. And don't bet on the grand national cos the horse will probably die.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^its were you and your customers house can potentially get soaked.

sorry lol lol

Just remember when shutting hot and colds off , check what type of boiler and if combi make sure pre heats are off etc,

I used to change stat pockets on unventeds a few years ago without draining them, every conceivable safety bung/hose pipe was to hand. I got it off to a fine art, they weren't hot though.lol.

I used to change stat pockets on unventeds a few years ago without draining them, every conceivable safety bung/hose pipe was to hand. I got it off to a fine art, they weren't hot though.lol.

No need to drain anyway mains off release pressure bobs your uncle

Snatching is doing it live not shutting down any valves or bunging

Just remember when shutting hot and colds off , check what type of boiler and if combi make sure pre heats are off etc,

I`m not gsr so my question is, Am I allowed to touch these pre heats?

Never heard of pre heats? Mind you, none of them were combis. Two were off tank so must just be unlucky

Last job I had to alter 35mm - hard enough soldering it with the water off, not sure the solder would run if I tried 'snatching' it! In fact, I think the customer would rather I broke the boiler!

For the record, my money is on Gas Line Boy - 100/1

Last edited:
Haha thats why god invented conex....Ain't putting a bet on that one...

That's not very nice, if i had feelings they'd be hurt..You just go through the boiler menu or press a button to turn the pre heat off on a combi sorry.

Yeah! Me too mate, I didn`t see a lol or an icon and I have a short fuse. Thanks for the reply.

The question was relevent to my work, just this week I had to take a wc out to get to the sani and there wasn`t an iso valve but in this case the customer said that he would turn the house stopcock off, so even though I know the pitfulls it can`t be my fault if his boiler goes wrong but I can`t keep walking away from jobs if no iso fitted can I? Guess different boilers have different ways of turning the pre heats off yeah?

Yeah! Me too mate, I didn`t see a lol or an icon and I have a short fuse. Thanks for the reply.

The question was relevent to my work, just this week I had to take a wc out to get to the sani and there wasn`t an iso valve but in this case the customer said that he would turn the house stopcock off, so even though I know the pitfulls it can`t be my fault if his boiler goes wrong but I can`t keep walking away from jobs if no iso fitted can I? Guess different boilers have different ways of turning the pre heats off yeah?

Freeze kit?

Freeze kit?

Thanks, have considered it, have also suggested the Alladin iso valves but the guv baulked at the £`s so I keep walking as it`s no skin off my nose. Gonna use the Alladin valves when I go SE rather than walk though.

Last edited:

Yes mate some you have to go through the menu, Usually called comfort mode or a worc for example eco button....Big lols. Again i read yours as you knew but were having a laugh..The writen word eh..X ( yes i did kiss )

Too many boilers with too many ways of making safe so think I`ll use the Alladin valves as said.
What we type and how it`s taken not always the same eh! Again thanks for the reply but not adding a * in public. Big lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CW off = Faulty boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock