Currently reading:
customers !

Discuss customers ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

P J F PLUMBING

So I started to fit a boiler in a Chinese 4 weeks ago catering equipment was very bad so started fitting the boiler all filled tested but the gas pipework was to small so got most of the work done on the Monday capped off and left to come back next day came back Tuesday no access ???? No answer on the door or the phone ??? I had half the money up front so I wasn't out of pocket any way 2 weeks ago environment inspection called me bla bla the boilers working ! I said it's not well it is and you fitted it I said no its not !!! Still couldn't get hold of this guy called and called !! came home today gas safe inspection booked !!!! Wtf I haven't commissed tested finished what can I do ?? Only just got them off my back from the last bum h@! Es help I'm getting sick of this !

Last edited by a moderator:
Phone gas safe and inform them, tell them of the illegal installation and what you have/nt done. See what they suggest

I hung the boiler piped it and capped it off am I going to be in trouble ??

Not finished not commissioned checked nothing

im not being funny, but why are you not keeping some sort of paper trail with these jobs?? surely you must have worked out a price for them and wrote it down

Your better to start covering your arse if you've had previous, if your gonna cap a boiler to stop the workers using it then I would've soldiered a blank on because if you just closed the isolation valve then they've simply just opened it but if been soldered then no way you'd think they'd cut n join the gas, photos n paperwork when doing jobs like this,, good luck with gas safe,

Unfortunately - it sounds like you have been taken for a ride.

We have all left incomplete installations at times with the intentions of going back, completing and commissioning.

Fortunately you got a 50% deposit.

Write up a formal quotation and state that a 50% deposit is required before works will start.
If you were trying to 'hide' the money - declare it and register the deposit on your books.

At least that way you can legitimately claim and declare that you were locked out of the premises and were unable to contact the owners.

When you attend the inspection - bring a copy of the quotation and a receipt of the 50% deposit.

It may help convince the inspector that you have been legitimate in your works and he may take some heed to your claims of what you did or didn't do.

Speak to gas safe and explain before they go out. If they didn't let you back in the next day there is not a lot you can do!

Also send them the remainder of the bill saying that you have tried to contact to complete the job but as you cannot get hold of them you need paying.

Spoke to them today and explained everything they said they can't prove I fitted / finished it they are going there in may to look but I have to write a letter to gas safe explaining and they will sort it out just gets me down work hard get stuffed !!

Spoke to them today and explained everything they said they can't prove I fitted / finished it they are going there in may to look but I have to write a letter to gas safe explaining and they will sort it out just gets me down work hard get stuffed !!

i know how you feel mate so many out to shaft you its a disgrace at times, even the little jobs people try it on had another last week faulty shower was there twenty mins got it up and running . Asked for £40 and she says doesn't keep cash , ask for cheque she says waiting on new one in post , ask for internet transfer oh surprise she won't do internet banking .

simple answer is to call transco, report an unsafe installation, cant get access to make safe and you know its been reported as unsafe, you have popped back and can smell gas!!!!!!!!!!!! If the customer wont play fair why should you, hang around for the transco lad, have a chat and I bet theyll cut them off no quibbles

Last edited by a moderator:
As above id just get Transco to cut off the supply after sending recorded delivery an invoice and a letter asking when you can get back to complete the install

I would leave it mate, Gas Safe have said they don't have an issue but if you turn up you might create an issue with the owners and it might end in a confrontation which if the law gets involved with you will be at fault! If your that worried theirs a risk of life then call transco to disconnect.

I don't know what the state of the boiler is the gas pipework was 15mm and the flue was going to discharge into a internal space the old boiler did and I said the lean to needs knocking down over night and I would be back in the morning to finish the job and update the gas ect next day no answer on phone no access !!! Then this !!

Call to Transco would be in order. Incomplete / uncommissioned installation. Access refused to make safe, you fully believe that it's in use. Don't mention money owed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to customers ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock