Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Customer shower screen nightmare in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Morning guys

having a bit of a nightmare

just finished a bathroom and now customer springs on us that there is a bath shower screen

problem is at the start custard never told us that there was one, even when prompted so my tiler has created a nice boxing at the end of the bath with a little angle on the tile for water to run back to the bath.

Now we have this f-ing surprise shower screen which when hung leaves a 40mm gap between the bottom of the screen and the bath edge. Basically my question is does anyone of the bathroom fitting fraternity know of a seal with a fin of at least 40mm

Last edited:
Cheers VI

Funnily enough that is exactly the seal I have to try and make up the gap but to no avail.

The amount of issues I've had with this bloke I really do feel like just splurging a fat wad of silicone under the screen and leaving it at that

In an ideal world, you will have to remove silicone around bath then raise legs up so bath is at required height to screen. Trouble is, that involves a lot of work. Is customer prepared to pay something extra? I hope you can both come to some kind of an arrangement.

Guess I`m missing something here but why can`t the screen be lower?

I'd get some plastic bead like a quadrant or something and silicone that to the bath and tiles so the seal on the screen will meet,
It wont look all that nice but its not your fault

Yes it's just the end of a long list of carp that this custard has given us. Poor tiler ran out of tiles four times over 2 and a bit rooms because the bloke insisted on measuring and ordering his own. This is the same bloke that asked if I could hide central heating pipework by just "threading it through" behind the wall. Idiot!!!!

Down to custard, I can feel a dispute on the horizon.

They should've declared it, as said, it's custard fault if it not up to your 100% standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Customer shower screen nightmare in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock