Discuss cp12 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
i was always under the impression if you fitted a new boiler at a rented property a cp12 was to be issued however this morning i went to issue one for a landlord at a rented property when i arrived a new boiler had been installed under the ECO scheme and the installers had not issued a cp12.

Whats the crack with that?

the ticket from gas safe acts as the cp12 (if it is the only appliance in the property) fir the 1st year, though I always write one out as it saves having to explain this to the agent / landlord.

i was always under the impression if you fitted a new boiler at a rented property a cp12 was to be issued however this morning i went to issue one for a landlord at a rented property when i arrived a new boiler had been installed under the ECO scheme and the installers had not issued a cp12.

Whats the crack with that?

A cp12 is issued on an annual basis to check the appliances, so why would you need to do another when you fit an appliance? Nothing has changed with the old appliances and you have fitted the new appliance as per MI and regs and any pressure drop won't be any less than when you started as you can't have a leak,
However some landlords ask for another cp12 on boiler install to keep all appliances on the same timeline, so it's a contract thing not a legal requirement, why did you think it was?

So if u install a new boiler it won't affect how the existing appliances work? I.e ventilation, or inlet pressure?

A cp12 is issued on an annual basis to check the appliances, so why would you need to do another when you fit an appliance? Nothing has changed with the old appliances and you have fitted the new appliance as per MI and regs and any pressure drop won't be any less than when you started as you can't have a leak,
However some landlords ask for another cp12 on boiler install to keep all appliances on the same timeline, so it's a contract thing not a legal requirement, why did you think it was?

have never worked on a H/A contrct where they have not requested a cp12 to go with new appliance on new boiler change . I would guess then its what the contract requests if they are paying for it .
I would question tho that most ECO installs are installed as per MI'S and REGS some some shockers around here

have never worked on a H/A contrct where they have not requested a cp12 to go with new appliance on new boiler change . I would guess then its what the contract requests if they are paying for it .
I would question tho that most ECO installs are installed as per MI'S and REGS some some shockers around here

Yes when working for decent HA's they ask for a new CP1 to keep everything in line, and they do pay for it,

Personally, I only issue a cp12 if asked to by l/lord or agent, for which it is invoiced for.

I issue one every time...most of the info to be recorded you would have done anyway during the commissioning procedure. It's no harm to write out another piece of oaper.

If you fit a new appliance you don't need to do a TT?
Please tell me I'm miss-reading this or you are jesting
Its in the regs you don't need to do one on a CP12. Would be a brave man to test this theory!

But u have effected the integrity of a gas system? So surely a TT is mandatory?

I'm not interested in him filling out a CP12, he was on about fitting an appliance
No but the thread is talking about the issuing of a CP12 and recently doing my CCN1 it was mentioned. I hadn't heard it before so thought I'd mention it. Sorry if it confused you. Ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cp12 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back