Currently reading:
connection onto f+e tank float valve

Discuss connection onto f+e tank float valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
How do all, seen many ways of connecting to the male thread at the end of the float valve. What do you guys use??

We used to use tap swivels with the fibre washer but looking at the end of the float valve there dosen't look like there is a flat surface to seal with the fibre washer.

Thinking about it you could use the ball o fix swivels that we normally connect straight onto a wc valve with the fibre washer.

We used to use tap swivels with the fibre washer but looking at the end of the float valve there dosen't look like there is a flat surface to seal with the fibre washer.

you could change the ball valve at the same time - couple of minutes more work and only a few quid

I fitted a new bs1212 pt2 float valve. I used the original fitting to connect onto the new valve which was a nut and what looked like an old type olive sealed with hemp. Cleaned up the fitting and sealed with jet blue but is now weeping. I may change the fitting for a swivel tap connector with fibre washer or may go with a female iron to 1/2" comp. The old fitting was a nut and olive onto pipe with another olive??and nut onto the valve thread. Not seen these before, just thinking the hemp would have been similar to a fibre washer and what I thought was an olive wasn't. if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to connection onto f+e tank float valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back