Search the forum,

Discuss Connecting new WC to cast iron swept Tee in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Auldgit

Hi all, I've got to connect a new BTW pan through a 9" wall and into a 4" CI swept tee, circa 1936, via a 90 bend. Usual 30's semi arrangement. I can't use the existing connection inside the house as it's 4" lead and deformed, so I think a Multikwik shoved in will leak. My plan is to start at the Tee with a new 110 plastic 90 bend, through the wall with a short length of 110 pipe, and then use a McAlpine flexi pan connector (with Jubilee clip).

Only problem is I'm not sure if the plastic 110 bend will fit into the socket of the CI Tee. I've tried to measure the socket dia as best I can, and it's going to be a tight fit at best. Does anyone know if this is possible?? By measuring the circumference of the rest of the CI pipe I've calculated the dia as 105mm. What sort of clearance was normal for sockets in the good old putty days??

Any advice greatly appreciated, don't want the missus cross-legged for days......

AG

You can buy a multiquick that is 3 1/2" from plumbcentre. Im sure they are 3 1/2, and they fit into the cast.

The plastic plain end will fit albeit tightly into a 4 inch cast iron socket. Pack it will plumbers mate using a large screwdriver or a blunt chisel and put a ring of silicone over it for a permanent seal. Let it set and test it before fitting the timber face for boxing in your btw toilet.
A 3 1/2 Multiquick will fit into the plain end of cast pipe (without the socket). Make sure that the cast iron is indeed 4 inch cast and not 3 1/2 cast.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Connecting new WC to cast iron swept Tee in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock