Search the forum,

Discuss Concealed cistern in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Due to lack of flush took out the syphon and found membrane split. So sorted out a new one Viva Skylo Dual Flush Syphon - https://www.toolstation.com/viva-skylo-dual-flush-syphon/p51299

Not having come across a toilet like this before, been cobbled together by some bodger 20 yrs ago.
In the old flush a 32mm pipe has been stuffed up and filled with gunk inside the 40mm thread of the flush mechanism.
All I am basically looking to do is get a a connector with a 40mm female threaded end to use on the outlet of above flush and something on the other to mate with 32mm pipework. I did think of cobbling together using a flexible but there is not much room. Most of what I have looked at for the flush end, 40mm , has either a standard 40mm compression fitting or just a male 40mm, neither of which are suitable to connect to the 40mm male thread on the flush.
Any ideas? Thanks

I don’t understand why you can’t use a standard flush pipe, your new syphon should have come with a nut and cone washer which would allow a flush pipe to be inserted like normal?

Does a normal flush cone fit inside your toilet if yes as above change the flush pipe

Have attached 2 photos as am still unsure on what to do regarding your recommendations. I thought this would just be a straight swap out. First shows 32mm pipe entering cistern through hole suited to the 40mm
thread of the flush device. Second photo shows 32mm pipe heading off, to the left, into the wc pan. I think I know what you mean I need to fit but that means either removal of the cistern or the pan does it not? Or can I cut this 32mm pipe and replace it with a new 40mm one and hope I can wangle it in?

Attachments

• 20201214_092841.jpg
    20201214_092841.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20201214_092916.jpg
    20201214_092916.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 11
Have just fitted flush valve. Reason I was thinking of cutting the pipe was unaware that the flush valve has a 32mm connection even though the part that passes through the cistern base is 40mm thread.
Thanks for the input. Have a good Christmas.

Reply to Concealed cistern in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock