Search the forum,

Discuss Common radiator types in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nickpgood

Hi. A bit of an unusual question but I am conducting a university project on domestic heating systems and I was wondering if anybody could give me an educated guess as to how common different types of radiators are?
I can't model every possible type of radiator but I was thinking of modelling 3 types:
Single panel with fins
Double panel, 1 set of fins
Double panel, 2 sets of fins

Does anybody have a view on whether the above 3 types are the most common in UK domestic properties and the relative split between them?

Thanks

Nick

Every property will probably have a mix of these different radiators, it depends on the amount of wall space available and the btu's required to heat each room in the house. I think you have set yourself an impossible task.

Last edited:
By volume, the domestic market breaks down as

Type 11 (single panel with fins) 40%
Type 21 (double panel, one set of fins) 22%
Type 22 (double panel, two sets of fins) 38%

However, the installed base won't be like that, since it will still contain older type 10 and type 20 rads (no fins at all), and there were relatively few type 21s sold before about 1995.

However, the installed base won't be like that, since it will still contain older type 10 and type 20 rads (no fins at all), and there were relatively few type 21s sold before about 1995.

I forgot about you Ray :lol:

I'm well impressed Ray.

Thanks all.
Ray, can I ask the source for those figures? If it an educated estimate then that is fine, just to know.

Thanks

Nick

Thanks all.
Ray, can I ask the source for those figures? If it an educated estimate then that is fine, just to know.

Thanks

Nick

Hi Nick

The source is from our sales data. See my signature block for further details.

PM me if you want any further info.

Ray

And then theres our 0.1% of 33's for retro fit heat pumps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Common radiator types in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock