Discuss Come and get your breakfast. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked in a curry house as an apprentice and at lunch time we were called into the (empty) restaurant where a full curry menu was served with a beer, I thought it was great but the boss said later they always did it to knock the price at the end...

had a roast dinner cooked for us before as well and we had to sit down with the old couple and eat up, felt a bit weird and the conversation didn't flow very well as we wanted to scoff it down and crack on, but didn't want to be rude so dragged it out.

One lady cooked me a meal every day I was there at lunch because it was out in the sticks. Wasn't anything special, beans on toast, sausage sarnies and fish and chips, but it was the one that I found most thoughtful as the lady had a chronic disease, had been forced out of her old home by scamming neighbours and bought this bungalow only to find it was a converted garage or something. All sorts of problems and couldn't afford a survey when she bought it. I fitted her heating under the warmfront scheme and she was so grateful that someone could help her, she went out of her way every day to cook for me even though she was ill. When I finished she had heard me talking about my daughter and wrapped up one of those snow globe type plastic cups for her as a thank you. My daughters still got the cup.

Always find its the people who haven't got much who give the most.

Last edited:
very rare you get a cust that dont offer at least a cup of tea. oldies are the best have especially when they insist you have dinner with them. i never so no to cuppa or food unless its a hovel. i think it comes across as being rude.

i've even got a nice brown trout in the freezer saved for christmas that a cust caught whilst i was doing there bathroom.
What happened with you drilling the bath jules??

I’ve been told by one customer – If you want to eat with us, you have to pay for it...

had one 2 week ago doing a basement shower room for 3 weeks.

phone call on the friday evening....we would like to invite you and your wife as our guests to a nottm panthers game and dinner afterwards on saturday evening!!!!!!!!!
i declined as the wife was out working till 8pm. lol

I do like a gurkha curry.

It's always cheese and wheaten bread with your tea over here. And you daren't so no!

had one 2 week ago doing a basement shower room for 3 weeks.

phone call on the friday evening....we would like to invite you and your wife as our guests to a nottm panthers game and dinner afterwards on saturday evening!!!!!!!!!
i declined as the wife was out working till 8pm. lol
I think any Nottingham team would put you off dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Come and get your breakfast. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock