Discuss Cleaning Magnetic Filters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

skewett

Hi there I'm wondering if someone can advise me on the best way to clean the magnetic filter that's fitted on my sons central heating system. it's an easy thing to access, just by closing off aa inline valve and then removing the fitter for cleaning.

I've done it once about a year ago and I think it needs doing again. Trouble is last time I got in a real mess. The sticky black gunge just won't easily come off the magnet and when you scrape it off it sticks to everything it touches (like the sink). It turns what should be a few minutes work into an endless trauma.

I'd have thought it would have some method whereby the magnet could be kind of 'switched off' so that the gunk releases and comes off easily.

Any suggestions on the best way of going about it would be much appreciated.

If its a spirotech, it self cleans when you drain it... And unlike the plastic junk will never leak

ive only cleaned out the magnaclean ones, the magnet part slips out of the sieve. quickly learnt to take them outside into a bucket of hot soapy water too ;) saves the customers carpets getting black spots and also time from cleaning the sink out

Decent magnetic c/h filters should come supplied with a non magnetic dedicated
cleaning tool.........my commercial ones all have a heavily enginnered aluminium
cleaning 'spanner'.............centralheatking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cleaning Magnetic Filters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock