Currently reading:
Brookhouse training centre, Cleckheaton

Discuss Brookhouse training centre, Cleckheaton in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

6337sean

Hi guys,

I am wanting to start a new career as a plumber. I am 25 with a degree that has got me no where, hence the wanted career change.

I have seen a combined plumbing and gas course at brookhouse training centre in cleckheaton. Has anybody used brookhouse training centre before ? Are they any good? Any negativity surrounding them ?

The course is £6500.

What do you guys think? Good value for money ? Or is there other companys out there that offer the same for less ? I live in London so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks chaps.

Why don't you become an engineer in the merchant navy instead. They only only pay ten grand a year for the first three years when training but when you pass youre guaranteed a job on 30+. Five more years and that will double. They pay all expenses including food & digs and even if you don't fancy being on a ship you've got a respected qualification

Bet you felt like fenging a shui at them :lol:
It get worse all the time.
The meetings with the Architect were the funniest as neither of us could keep a straight face !
I often had to walk away if he looked at me ,went for a stroll and had a *** to calm down , the doors were even hung at an angle in the frames to direct the positive energy into the house !
The poor old joiner was doing his nut fabricating the doors and frames as the angles involved were a complete nightmare !

haha comouflage a site toilet ay... she clearly doesnt know the world she lives in if thats her worry.... i will certainly follow my own feelings, when i understand what they are.... not to be to philosophical, im 25, in a country that demands money for bills, housing, cars.... everybody seems to be climbing over each other to gain that extra step...... il never be able to afford a house with the job im in.... it doesnt look like plumbing is the way forward from what those have said on here.... LET ME KNOW NEXT WEEKS LOTTERY NUMBERS SOMEONE ! thanks for all the feedback and advice guys, its priceless !

haha comouflage a site toilet ay... she clearly doesnt know the world she lives in if thats her worry.... i will certainly follow my own feelings, when i understand what they are.... not to be to philosophical, im 25, in a country that demands money for bills, housing, cars.... everybody seems to be climbing over each other to gain that extra step...... il never be able to afford a house with the job im in.... it doesnt look like plumbing is the way forward from what those have said on here.... LET ME KNOW NEXT WEEKS LOTTERY NUMBERS SOMEONE ! thanks for all the feedback and advice guys, its priceless !

If the camouflage net has got you thinking try the Lord and Lady we worked for who had holes drilled in their heads ! Google trepanning !
No wonder I think the world is a MAD PLACE !

I did a load of research into these fast track courses, I had a couple of interviews and got accepted on to both of them because all they are interested in is your money, from what I've read they promise you a lot but come up with very little, a lot of people complain of wait ages to be able to complete their practical assessments. Then when you complete the course you have to go self employed because no one will employ you with fast track training, im a month into a bpec level2

The bloke who cleans windows down my street charges a tenner to clean 2 small sash windows on the front and 4 windows round the back, 2 doors. It doesn't take him any more than 5 mins. He arrives in a VW Lupo with ladders, bucket, cloth, squeegee. Good money. I wonder how much money he paid for his training.... I bet it wasn't £6 let alone 6 grand!!

Last edited:
DON'T do it with Brookhouse, or any other training provider that wants £6,500 up front.

You'd be better off signing up for a C&G at your local college and working in bars / McD's / restaurants in the meantime.

They only want your money and they make more of it from the massive % that never complete, the small print on 'guaranteed' placement is so complex that's you'd never qualify for the placement.

Don't take out a loan for it.

You could even sign up for basic C&G full time short courses, with a commercial provider (go to the C&G website), get some basic skills, then get a job just helping out a local plumber during the week, work in PCWorld, Maplins, McD's, Burger King at the weekends and you'll still be quids in.

Don't do it.. It's £6,500 you'll regret spending for a long time to come.

thanks for the advice mate.... i know its not all about money, but id like to be comfortable.... il take your advice however, we get one life, money doesnt save us at deaths door.....i have no clue what i want to do to be honest, plumbing seemed like a good option, my dad ' a carpenter' has been pushing me towards it seeing what his friends make....

If you decide to pay and take the plunge,perhaps asking your father and his friends, if they're a team, if you could become part of that team thereafter or at least put work your way or tag along for experience.
I know a guy from Coventry, who was sick to the teeth of his well paid job in I.T. He packed-up, went to college and done the course work.He's never looked back simply because he planned ahead: put himself about; it did help that his brother was in the building trade , so work was put his way.
At some point try and get to know the guys in trade, property developers, and landlords letting agents.You may with a little experience and luck secure one or two letting agents contracts.
Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Brookhouse training centre, Cleckheaton in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock