Discuss Britony Combi SE SE - Fluctuating H/W Temp. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ithomso1

Good Afternoon,

I'm trying to seek a bit of advice as to the running of the Britony Combi SE - The Boiler itself is on its way out, its simply not efficient by modern day standards, however I do want it to be as good as it can be for the rest of its life (And the Winter).

The Extractor fan is on its way out and is very noisy,

However the last time me and "Er in doors" got a shower (Not together) the water ran at a decent temperature, and then turned luke warm, the boiler was still firing and heating-ish.

I've done the washing up this morning, and was back to normal temperature, so I can only describe the issue as fluctuating/intermittent.

Any ideas on where to start ?

Please forgive my ignorance, and whilst I do have a slight idea of the inner workings of a boiler, and the dangers certain things carry. I am mechanically minded, and will replace any parts/gaskets with the utmost care and attention (I also have access to testing equipment).

Many Thanks

Hi There
1. Personally I would shower with her in doors to save water
2. Personally I dont wash up. Me man , me make fire, you woman, get in kitchen.
3. Boiler needs looking at by a GSE

Hope this helps :wink:

Nothing that can be Pre Done/Checked/Cleaned/Changed myself first?

You say your fan is noisey, this could imply that its not getting flue gasess away.
This also can lead to other problems. Take the bullet and get a pro.

You need to see if the problem only occurs in the shower, give it sometime with using the taps and shower as it maybe a shower valve problem. More so if the mixer is thermostatic..

These boilers can be a pain with hot water issues, mostly the main and secondary heat exchanger scaling up, but it will probably be more cost effective to get a engineer in to narrow down the problem..

Many Thanks fastnova! That's what I wanted, I'll give that a go and see if the taps are exhibiting the same fault when the shower runs cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Britony Combi SE SE - Fluctuating H/W Temp. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock