Currently reading:
biasi riva advance problems

Discuss biasi riva advance problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

giarc00007

Gas Engineer
hi guys, just wanting bit of advice. went to service boiler today checking fga results the emissions were sky high, got high emissions warning on fga screen. checked gas valve getting 20 mbar working pressure, also gas rated which was spot on. Also air intake was 20.6. Then took front panel off and fga results decreased to more safe readings. Isolated boiler till tomorrow was wondering what you guys would do next havnt checked air box yet.

Check the flue and flue joints at a guess? sounds like flue seal/s may be faulty?

It sounds like there's a lack of oxygen with the case on, loads when off! .. I'm not familiar with the boiler you mention but the symptoms point to oxygen starvation first thoughts? :)

It sounds like there's a lack of oxygen with the case on, loads when off! .. I'm not familiar with the boiler you mention but the symptoms point to oxygen starvation first thoughts? :)

im not familiar either with these lovely boilers. i know not many people have anything good to say about them though. just thought by getting 20.6 reading at air port would that not prove seals are ok?

Is it a 'basic' boiler... pre condensing or pre premix burner? Air intake blocked? If the fga is fine 'off' but not 'on' then the things you alter, case off, are flue flow and what's available pre-aeration.. imo

Is it a 'basic' boiler... pre condensing or pre premix burner? Air intake blocked? If the fga is fine 'off' but not 'on' then the things you alter, case off, are flue flow and what's available pre-aeration.. imo

its a new condensing premix burner. customer says boiler is only about 16 months old. would still be under warranty but whoever fit boiler either forgot to register or isnt gas safe:6: sometimes i wish i knew what i was going into.

I believe Biasi boilers require the burner gasket to be changed every 2 years, or when removing the burner.
Recently had one with high readings, the inner burner seal had gone, between the burner & flange.
You definatelly need the instructions because some of the Biasi boilers req' the offset, setting 1st.

I believe Biasi boilers require the burner gasket to be changed every 2 years, or when removing the burner.
Recently had one with high readings, the inner burner seal had gone, between the burner & flange.
You definatelly need the instructions because some of the Biasi boilers req' the offset, setting 1st.

Hi aggis would changing seals make a difference in readings im getting with cover on and off?

One or two most of the work is removing and placing in mixed scrap bin. Might be confused thought this looked like a 105 on a diet?

Last edited by a moderator:
terrible boilers to work on. b and q specials aren't they?

B&q brilliantly marketed. Timers are sooo small and buttons don't work with sausage fingers. Did a labour only swap for a bloke few years ago. Tool out one and replaced with another he was sooo smug as thought had saved loads. Gas rate appliance and it flooded the bathroom , he fitted .... Turns out the bath has a 32mm back falling waste pipe!

B&q brilliantly marketed. Timers are sooo small and buttons don't work with sausage fingers. Did a labour only swap for a bloke few years ago. Tool out one and replaced with another he was sooo smug as thought had saved loads. Gas rate appliance and it flooded the bathroom , he fitted .... Turns out the bath has a 32mm back falling waste pipe!

love it:grin:

Had same issue with a biasi while back posted picks somewhere on ukpf. It was the flue hood that had split. Thing was giving out in excess of 6000 ppm CO.
yda8azum.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to biasi riva advance problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock