Currently reading:
Best way to connect this radiator....

Discuss Best way to connect this radiator.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ryangavin777

Hi All,

I'm decorating one of our bedrooms. I want to hide the radiator pipes behind the plasterboard.

I've bought some plastic pipe and speedfit connections etc. What's the best way to actually do it?

I'm assuming I'll need an outlet plate for the pipes to come from the wall (behind the radiator). In terms of the actual pipework can it just be threaded behind the board and connected? How much of a bend can the pipes take?

Also, what is the best way to connect the pipes to the radiator... Ideally I want them to connect to the valve from the side. So would I need an 1/2 (or 3/4) inch female elbow to 10mm compression?

Thanks all :)

Any advice/links/photos would be appreciated.

Thanks.

IMG_20160918_150351.jpgIMG_20160918_150407.jpg

like this are you looking for?

50221117.jpg

and behind the rad

Timloc_Rad_Barrier_In_App_Behind_Radiator.jpg

?

Ahhh... okay, I see. So it's a 10mm pushfit and at 15mm compression the other end? Is that right?

Ahhh... okay, I see. So it's a 10mm pushfit and at 15mm compression the other end? Is that right?

yes 15mm into the valve and the 10mm pipe from the flow or the return

Great - that makes a lot of sense now! Thank you so much!

Also, if you don't mind... is there a 'best practice' way of running the pipes behind the plasterboard? i.e. will I need pushfit elbows or can the pipe bend enough to run from the floorboards, straight up and down into the rad.

Great - that makes a lot of sense now! Thank you so much!

Also, if you don't mind... is there a 'best practice' way of running the pipes behind the plasterboard? i.e. will I need pushfit elbows or can the pipe bend enough to run from the floorboards, straight up and down into the rad.

you will need elbows at the top where it exits the box/wall as it wont bend that tight

slow curve you will be fine but it wont do anything sharp

hope this makes sense

Yes, perfect - thanks for your help! :)

Cheers

Ryan

not a problem if you need anything else / have problems come back and post it up

many thanks
shaun

Thanks Shaun.

Just been thinking about how I'm going to do it. At the minute the copper 10mm pipework is under the floorboard. This itself is not an issue as I can just cut the pipe and connect the plastic pipe with a pushfit. I was then planning on feeding the plastic pipe up (vertically) behind the plasterboard and out a dry wall back box and from there feeding it to the radiator values.

I can't see how to get the angel right, even with an elbow. I can see how it would work if the pipework was coming DOWN the plasterboard. I could just connect an elbow and that would flow nicely into the radiator from there. Come up from behind the plasterboard I think I'll need two elbows for each pipe.... to get the right angle... is that right?

Sorry for the essay!!

It will probably be okay when I do it... Just finding it hard to visualise! Sorry lol

Thanks Shaun.

Just been thinking about how I'm going to do it. At the minute the copper 10mm pipework is under the floorboard. This itself is not an issue as I can just cut the pipe and connect the plastic pipe with a pushfit. I was then planning on feeding the plastic pipe up (vertically) behind the plasterboard and out a dry wall back box and from there feeding it to the radiator values.

I can't see how to get the angel right, even with an elbow. I can see how it would work if the pipework was coming DOWN the plasterboard. I could just connect an elbow and that would flow nicely into the radiator from there. Come up from behind the plasterboard I think I'll need two elbows for each pipe.... to get the right angle... is that right?

Sorry for the essay!!

yes use two elbows (like a u shape) so thats 4 elbows in total per rad

rad.png

blue are elbows, red pipe

left is face on right is side view

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best way to connect this radiator.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock