Discuss Best "fast track" Gas course/training Center in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
reading this back, seems like a lot of nit picking. The training centre in question are basically offering the training, the on the site experience and the assessments for a set price, not much to get your head round really?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone recommendations and/ or advice?

Cheers!
If your cat 2 all you need to do is build up experience, the requirement is 150hrs timed on the actual job you are doing. for example when i go out with my placement. you put on your log. tightness test 5 min, gas rate 5 min, service 40 min, check effectiveness of the flue. or if i'm on a install i put soldering gas pipes 40 min etc,

then the guy your out with signs you off. You need keep the addresses of the places you went to and the appliance.

reading this back, seems like a lot of nit picking. The training centre in question are basically offering the training, the on the site experience and the assessments for a set price, not much to get your head round really?

the on site expereince is not what was said. The post said that the on site can be done in house? thats not nit picking if you were refering ot me, its a very clear and specific question based on the evidence required

After reading several comments on this I spoke to training centres and they are all offering In-house on the job training,

In House meant arranged by the training centre, on the job meant at a customers property. So In-House, On the job training is possible.
The assessing body state that it should not be at the training centre, yet it does not state that the training centre can not arrange it at a different address. If they bought a house and installed a boiler, cooker, fire and water heater in each room, theoretically you could do all assessments at this property, would look a bit suspicous but not impossible.

Sorry bad wording, in house as in they have Gas safe registered engineers that you go out with and they sign your work off for you, costs an extra £1000.

I then clearly explained that these companies offer on the job training for a fee, very good way of trying to confuse OP so that people find it so confusing and don't bother, but not very informative in my opinion.

If the OP wanted to, he could quite simply go to training centre, pay the money and be gas safe registered.

Whats required to be gas safe registered
1. Training
2. Experience
3. Assessments

This doesnt neccesarily mean you will pass Gas safe registration but you will be able to apply for it.

pass gas safe registration? not sure i know what you mean, you dont pass you simply pay and join

After reading several comments on this I spoke to training centres and they are all offering In-house on the job training,

so no need for gas safe engineers to train you up.

however I asked if i could do it with a gas engineer and just do the training at the centre, this seemed to confuse them.

pass gas safe registration? not sure i know what you mean, you dont pass you simply pay and join

Brilliant, so they never check on you, great, I will just pass my course and install cheap boilers that are undersized and don't meet regulations.

you said pass not check

they do check installations particularly new members to ensure they meet regulations and are installed safe, never heard of them checking whether they are undersized or not, not really in their remit

As youve pointed out this can be confusing, fueled by misleading information

you said pass not check

they do check installations particularly new members to ensure they meet regulations and are installed safe, never heard of them checking whether they are undersized or not, not really in their remit

As youve pointed out this can be confusing, fueled by misleading information

Or even nit picking, i call it tomatoes, you call it tomato's,

I heard on here that you had to do some sort of assessment to join Gas Safe they do an initial assessment and then random assessments once you have joined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best "fast track" Gas course/training Center in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I am currently in the forces looking to leave in the next year or so. i have a level 3 apprenticeship in electrical and mechanical...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
A
Hi guys I finished my gas course in September can anyone help me i need to do 2 install and services. Am living i ln leeds west yorkshire I do...
Replies
Views
Ahmad marian
A
My Zanussi gas oven has 4 gas rings and 2 gas ovens (the smaller top oven has a grill). (Model ZCG664GNC). There are 6 gas knobs (gas taps you...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock