Discuss Bayonet position in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tweakyboy

Looking for a bit of info reguarding a belling 900mm range cooker. I can't seem to find anywhere in the instructions on where to position the bayonet fitting.

Every range/cooker I have done it states a position where they would like it.

Can I just put it in a sensible place similar to where they are on other range cookers?

I would call the manufacturer but they are closed.

[DLMURL]http://www.belling.co.uk/uploadedFiles/Shared_Resources/Documents/Belling/Manual/08%2027505%2002%20-%20Belling%20DFt%20ranges%2037.pdf[/DLMURL]

Here are the M.I's that the customer has, thanks in advance guys :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gas regs state that if mi's are not stated then revert back to BS, ie between 500-600mm from floor, 100mm in from edge, pointing downwards etc. Unless some clever clogs has changed it again!!

yes some clever clogs has changed it i think. if i remember they now state 750mm off the floor and no longer suggest a position away from either side. The main aim is to make sure you have the hose hanging correctly, not tangled, touching the floor.

Yeah thats what I was thinking, there is a diagram in the viper book I think. Just remembered whilst making a coffee that it was in there. Just find it strange how they haven't mentioned anything in there unless I'm being a dingbat.

Cheers guys :D

just going on my own logic here but i assume the 750mm height change is trying to ensure that with a normal length domestic cooker hose it has no chance of touching the floor so eliminating the chance of damage. i guess it makes sense.

no shaded area given in the mi,s as per bs and a bit of common sense do not position near hot air outlets cant remember if bs has been changed

Got my elements reassesments next week so will be lots of things like this cropping up

and this.... YAWN

yes some clever clogs has changed it i think. if i remember they now state 750mm off the floor and no longer suggest a position away from either side. The main aim is to make sure you have the hose hanging correctly, not tangled, touching the floor.

Yes that is correct,750mm off the floor and the bayonet connection must face down so the hose has a nice U shape off the floor

thread re opened!..

moved to private forum for ref:

any way theres a slot in the right side for stand pipe and hose should be 750 from floor and on opposite side to connection, just saying ;)

image.jpg

image.jpg

... approximately. Is 650 in this case approximately? I guess, as long as the hose is not touching the floor - it's good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bayonet position in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock