Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss baxi duotec in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickie

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi, another baxi question, fitted an A rated grundfos pump, boiler was working fine but now and again after fitting this pump i get E168, tried on setting 1 and 2, still randomly get this error.. once i reset its back to normal... Dont they like the lower Wattage ?

The other change is balancing the system and as the 9 rads that are in this house are small, they're turned down a lot, currently on 15c difference at the boiler return..

Last edited:
Why are you fitting a pump to a duotec? They already have a pump inside

E168 is normally a pcb issue,have you fitted a different pump?

Yeah ive fitted a different pump, ups2, to save energy and reduce the pump speed as it was too loud imo, this is for my house, normally id not care..

Why are you fitting a pump to a duotec? They already have a pump inside

the old pump runs on max speed, so i swapped the pump head for an ups2 so lower the speed and save on energy..

Yeah ive fitted a different pump, ups2, to save energy and reduce the pump speed as it was too loud imo, this is for my house, normally id not care..

That will be your problem,feedback from the pump is killing your pcb ,it will eventually totally fail

That's a tad annoying, the old pump running flat out was getting pretty annoying..

What about fitting an older style pump i can reduce the speed on and taking the ups2 out ?

That's a tad annoying, the old pump running flat out was getting pretty annoying..

What about fitting an older style pump i can reduce the speed on and taking the ups2 out ?

cant you stick in an old 3 speed non erp pump? the ones with a lever on the side

The pump may look the same. But different boilers have thier own impellers to suit flow for boiler.

They're all still grundfos, i normally eye them up before swapping them round.. be interesting to know why the erp pump doesnt work with the pcb.. can i not fit the newer duotec erp pump to the older boiler ? and the pcb to go with it ?

Last edited:
Why not fit a low loss header and the original pump ?
Plus a smaller external

we were told at baxi that eventually the boilers would be obsolete with standard pumps as they will not work with erp pumps so the amapage draw must affect the pcb

we were told at baxi that eventually the boilers would be obsolete with standard pumps as they will not work with erp pumps so the amapage draw must affect the pcb

Main reason WB changed the Junior I, was the fact they could not get it to run on erp pump.

Baxi got back to me and said only the original pump would work. No variable pump of any kind. I find that hard to believe. Surely the new pcb would sort the error out?

So far the boiler has been fine on setting 2. It's pulling 0.24A. The old pump was pulling 0.39A. The new pump on lowest setting only pulls 0.06A. Massive difference. So I guess it didn't like being in the lowest setting. The new pump does go upto 0.42A so not far off the old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to baxi duotec in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock