Discuss Baxi 80he instant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

Did gas cert on this yesterday. 2,8m horizontal flue. It gas rated ok and flame was good. Put analyser in and off the scale
So put in air test point and products of combustion picked up. Found boiler flue elbow seal pushed right into elbow not sealing fitted it as it should be and got aps fault. Opened front to let air in to start boiler and fitted back quick. All readings fine. Just aps fault. Replaced aps but still the same do these suffer weak fans.

Did gas cert on this yesterday. 2,8m horizontal flue. It gas rated ok and flame was good. Put analyser in and off the scale
So put in air test point and products of combustion picked up. Found boiler flue elbow seal pushed right into elbow not sealing fitted it as it should be and got aps fault. Opened front to let air in to start boiler and fitted back quick. All readings fine. Just aps fault. Replaced aps but still the same do these suffer weak fans.

yes,as it ages,can be either aps or fan,fan always suspect on long flue runs,from memory max 5 meters on a 80 he including resistance of fittings so fan cant cope if its on its limit as it ages

Did you make sure no flue restrictor?

I would try stripping out top end and cleaning fan and venturies. Wee bit bearing oil for fan. Wash through heat exchanger. Check flue in full.
If still no luck after that then prob fan had it.

Did you make sure no flue restrictor?

I would try stripping out top end and cleaning fan and venturies. Wee bit bearing oil for fan. Wash through heat exchanger. Check flue in full.
If still no luck after that then prob fan had it.

Oiled fan and cleaned venturi. Not flushed exchanger worth a try

yes,as it ages,can be either aps or fan,fan always suspect on long flue runs,from memory max 5 meters on a 80 he including resistance of fittings so fan cant cope if its on its limit as it ages

Been back today. Landlord had called baxi on fixed price repair as diverter is passing to htg. They didn't do anything just left a note saying they suspect the flue has come apart. Been and removed flue elbow and can see flue is clear and in tact as before proved flue is ok by easing cover a little so aps makes then closing. Did analyser in both combustion and air points and ok prooving flue. Just think engineer didn't want the hassle. Looks like I will be getting a fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 80he instant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock