Currently reading:
Baxi 105 Rear insulation panel

Discuss Baxi 105 Rear insulation panel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss123

Gas Engineer
Hi,
Has any one changed a rear insulation panel on a baxi 105 and if so do you have to remove the heat exchanger to do it.
thanks

Normally have to take the primary heat ex to change!

Yep, unfortunately you need to remove the heat exchanger, easy enough to remove though. Make sure you have all new o-rings for the connections though :)

Thanks guys no quick fix then,i would would be interested on your point of view of when these need changing as i have seen these cracked before and left them and done loads of services and checks on these boilers and it seems to be a common fault,this one is breaking up and falling on the burner so there is no doubt

As long as it's not affecting performance and all fga readings are ok, I tend to just leave them if they are just cracked. If they look like they are going to fall on the burner though, I'll replace them if the customer wants, or at risk it if they don't want to pay for them and a couple hours labour to replace!

If they are cracked we replace. If it's a se then no you don't need to remove. Take out burner and you can lever it far enough forward in situ.

done them with hex in and out sometimes you can others not but cracked they get renewed, isnt that much hassle and sleep better at night, always keep a set of insulation on the van, it needs doing so often

simply remove the burner on some 24 kw they just pull out on the 105/30 kw theres 2 screws

Easiest way is usually to remove fan and hood then drop down from the top, there's usually enough wiggle space. Doesn't always work, sometimes heat ex has to come out but it's a piece of ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 105 Rear insulation panel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock