Discuss Bathroom Renovation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blawford

I am currently undertaking a downstairs bathroom renovation and I am at the point where the room is gutted of the old suite, flooring (just the concrete floor remains) and the plaster of 1 wall. The wall where I have removed the plaster I have affixed stud-work to, in order box things out 40mm or so to hide the sink waste and pipes.

I am a bit unsure as to what to do next, mainly around the proper order and procedure to do with fitting of pipework for the sink. There will eventually be plasterboard fitted over the stud-work and tiles on top of that so I assume I need to put pipes in place next but I am bit unsure of the best way to proceed.

My guess would be:

Pipework is currently at skirting board height, so I run the pipes up the wall to the height I need them, horizontally from there and then cut slots in the plasterboard to put the pipework through as I lift and fit it onto the wall? After that tile the wall around the pipe and measure and drill a hole for the pipe in the tiles they come through, after that is all in place fit an elbow and small section of pipe vertically to go onto the tap, probably with an in-line isolation valve?

Or buy a wetvac from screwfix for £30. Isolate the pipework drain as much as you can via other taps. Then take the caps off one at a time hoovering up the water. Have a few towels ready. If the Hoover fills up just put the cap back on empty and repeat.

By far the easiest method. And the wetvac can be used again and again. It's a good investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bathroom Renovation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock