Currently reading:
Bath renewal thoughts ?

Discuss Bath renewal thoughts ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

JTplumbingservices

Gas Engineer
having a light hearted debate with a mate about a job he’s on.
Renew a bath.
Existing bath is tiled down on to and it’s about 30mm lower than the panel for the new bath.
Customer doesn’t want any tiles removed.
So would you fit new bath up to the tiles and cut the panel..
Or
Fit bath at the height of the new panel against the tiles ?

Sometimes you have to put your foot Down As the contractor as it becomes a tossup between what Cust wants compared to a cut corners slap dash job. It boils down to communication again

The reality here is that a 'professional' is being told what and how to do the job by a know nothing. Feels like a no win. With an attitude like that the very first thing that goes even slightly awry will see the customer over you like a rash.

If it were mine I would simply walk away as it wasn't going to be done correctly. But it's not mine ....:eek:

The reality here is that a 'professional' is being told what and how to do the job by a know nothing. Feels like a no win. With an attitude like that the very first thing that goes even slightly awry will see the customer over you like a rash.

If it were mine I would simply walk away as it wasn't going to be done correctly. But it's not mine ..:eek:

Not sure Dave that it is something extreme for a customer to ask that you just leave the tiles as they are and fit the bath to below them.
If it can be done a proper job, except for the bath panel height, then I would do it.
A quote for the job explaining customers request and bath panel issue should cover any chance of criticism later

If it were mine I would simply walk away as it wasn't going to be done correctly. But it's not mine ..:eek:
The customer usually tells you what they want done in their property from my experience.
I can only advise them of the correct way.
In my opinion although the job will not be done the best possible way it will still be done well, bath will be secure and sealed nicely will look no different than if it had been tiled down onto.
The only way I would refuse to do a job the way the customer asked was if it was unsafe to do so, it wouldnt work, or it would look bad.
In this case neither apply.
Thanks for the comment though, I appreciate everyone’s input.

Reply to Bath renewal thoughts ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock