Search the forum,

Discuss Bargain lead free solder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest123

I've just bought a 500g of lead free solder for £13.99 on ebay. I'll let you all know how good it is.

If anyone wants the link to try it for themselves here it is:
4Trade Lead Free Solder Wire 500g | eBay

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like scouring eBay for bargains is your new hobby.

;-)

The link Alex (Destroyer) gave was brilliant. Over £250 worth of Mcalpine traps, fittings, pan connectors and odds and ends for 60 quid. I don't trawl on there guys but when I need to restock the van I go and have a butchers as it's a hell of a lot cheaper than PTS!

Still got a box of pop up pencils to get rid of.......

Last edited by a moderator:
So it does Martin! It's still cheap though as Plumbfix are selling it for £21.95 for one roll. I have used the local scrappies too, but need new solder and don't have the time to go through there.

So it does Martin! It's still cheap though as Plumbfix are selling it for £21.95 for one roll. I have used the local scrappies too, but need new solder and don't have the time to go through there.
its not cheap colin i am paying a tenner in plumbbase thats inc vat

It doesn't seem that cheap to me either. I think I pay about 14ish anyway for the 500g one. Certainly not paying £10 though, that is a bargain gasman.

It doesn't seem that cheap to me either. I think I pay about 14ish anyway for the 500g one. Certainly not paying £10 though, that is a bargain gasman.
something to do with terms set up,not all branches are the same

I try to use leaded where possible. Better in every respect other than being toxic. Don't understand people who throw their money away using lead free on non potable/gas.

£4 is good Tamz, where's that? Need to check my prices on this actually, no idea what I'm paying ATM.

i pay about a tenner for it as well, i know loads of guys who use leaded as they say whens last time your water was tested ???
I never understand tho the terms i get some things i get good deals and others just seem rubbish its like they make it up as they go along

I try to use leaded where possible. Better in every respect other than being toxic. Don't understand people who throw their money away using lead free on non potable/gas.

£4 is good Tamz, where's that? Need to check my prices on this actually, no idea what I'm paying ATM.

Last time was from BES but PTS are the same if i buy them 20 at a time.

Leaded is only used on heating and gas.

I paid £16 for lead free solder and a large tub of laco from ebay just keep trawling for bargains mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bargain lead free solder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock