Currently reading:
Average house replumb costs - Help

Discuss Average house replumb costs - Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

villarenter30

a bit thick on this subject so any help gratefully recieved - I am looking to buy a house in South Wales area - just outside Newport so not valleys really - I am looking to buy all materials myself as have been advised to - but can someone help with average labour only costs for fitting two bathrooms - downstairs with shower with enclosure basin and toilet - upstairs bath with fitting of shower combi driven over it and toilet and basin - no tiling as have a tiler - the house needs to be totally repiped - and 9 new radiators put in and of course kitchen sink and the combi boiler which has a roof flue ???? there is a back boiler so this will need to come out and in fact all other pipework to come out for the new pipes - does this make sense - my quotes vary wildly - HELP:veryangry2: Thanks - Before I take the plunge on it completely need to know if I need to negotiate more on sale price - thanks so much L

Have they all quoted for similar materials - I.e same spec boiler?

The thing is that a job (say re-piping) is not a simple as that which is why it has to be seen to be quoted on . . . .

I have fitted a toilet in a couple of hours easy in the right environment and taken well over a day with a bog cemented to the floor and with a cast iron connection!

- it really is impossible to say as the job could be between 100%-500% of a base price due to the ease of the installation and possible problems . . .

With a big job I would do 2 things:

- Get a qualified third party in to evaluate the plumbing and pay them to do so. I would follow suit with a sparky and possibly plasterer as well if I had bought a house. Get them to inspect only!

- Use a local small company to do the work to guarantee that you are not getting a cowboy to do it. Ask for references, ask around - get reccomendations from friends.

- Do not, I repeat, do not use any online sites to find a plumber rely on word of mouth .

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Average house replumb costs - Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock