• Thread starter jag
  • Start date
  • Replies 35
  • Views 4K

Discuss ARCHIVED Company's that do not pay in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jag

Hi lads just a warning to you hard working trades people to be careful working for a few companies that i have
had experience of been non payers 1st being dial a rod based in essex, and easy services, who went into liquidation in nov 2011 but back up operating as LOM Management 293 Eastwood Road North, Leigh on Sea
Essex SS9 4LT, they operate as emergency service companies, that get the work in, charging customers by taking the credit card details, and charging £125 per hour, then you spend weeks months chasing for payment for your agreed price a lot less than the customer got charged, if there are any other companies that work on the same business model, i think the more we are aware the better for us. Hope this helps Cheers

Re: Company's that do not pay

we should have a thread with the info above , all plumbers with a issues with firms which are delaying payments we should all help each other

It wouldn't be hard to populate that list.
Letting Agents, Councils, Housing Associations. The list would be endless.
There must be some honest companies out there but who are they, how come we are always depicted as ripoff merchants but we are often the victims.
Gonna take a few deep breaths to calm down now.

Hi lads just a warning to you hard working trades people to be careful working for a few companies that i have
had experience of been non payers 1st being dial a rod based in essex, and easy services, who went into liquidation in nov 2011 but back up operating as LOM Management 293 Eastwood Road North, Leigh on Sea
Essex SS9 4LT, they operate as emergency service companies, that get the work in, charging customers by taking the credit card details, and charging £125 per hour, then you spend weeks months chasing for payment for your agreed price a lot less than the customer got charged, if there are any other companies that work on the same business model, i think the more we are aware the better for us. Hope this helps Cheers

Hi Guys just a quick note this is not a rant at bad paying customers, we get late payers but most pay in the end, i am just pointing out people who's business model seems to take advantage of trades people, who are trying hard to get work in, and have no intention of really paying ,these guys work nationally so anyones game, word of advice never run up too much credit with unknown companies, mine was a small amount, but i know others who were owed a lot more, bear in mind its not just plumbers and gas engineers these guys are taking advantage of, so please make other trades people aware.

Although I don't doubt your sincerity, getting one side of a story never smacks of fair play.

isn't there a site called rated people or something for people to rate trades - i could've swore that i heard rumors of a simialr site but in reverse if you know what I mean -being set up to expose bad customers/those that take the pish.

Hi Guys just a quick note this is not a rant at bad paying customers, we get late payers but most pay in the end, i am just pointing out people who's business model seems to take advantage of trades people, who are trying hard to get work in, and have no intention of really paying ,these guys work nationally so anyones game, word of advice never run up too much credit with unknown companies, mine was a small amount, but i know others who were owed a lot more, bear in mind its not just plumbers and gas engineers these guys are taking advantage of, so please make other trades people aware.

What you going to do about it?
I had a problem with non paying company, took them to court and i won.
The small claim courts are geared up for small businesses. Do it online £50 .
Don't let the scum get away with it..

i would be carefull what you write as could be used as slander ,,,,having said that eaga heat always messeda bout with money glad they went pop!!!

i didn't realise that hammers! there was firm had a bit of a swiz going on by all accounts eh? maybe joe the local plumber might get a look in on some government subsidised work eh? or is that me being naive? it is int it...

I wouldn't say this is a company that dont pay but more a con , boiler guide is a classic from my experience full of fake leads and charging you £14 + vat for them . signd up to them (its free to sign up) to possibly quote a bit extra work to fill in some spare week days on occasions . Of the five leads that i applied for i only actually managed to get to price for one boiler and yet still got charged for the five supposed 'real leads'.
When i contacted boiler guide about validity of work they supposedly say they vet them to see if they are real leads, they then said my leads show a pattern of reporting fakes !! When i said three leads refused to let me quote as they had accepted enough quotes they still charged , the fourth lead i turned up and customer straight away said that he wont use me other than for price comparison for the plumber that he normally uses ,,,,more cost and time.
In my experience with them the leads are fakes or a percentage of them are and would warn any others on here from using them .
The funny thing about it was when i contacted boiler guide about this they were more concerned about not letting customers know that we get charged for the leads!!! they actually said have i ever mentioned about engineers getting charged for leads because we are absolutely not to let any would be customers of this service know !!!

Whats that all about?

either way unless you got money to burn chasing waste of time work then crack on with boiler guide!

LOM UK or LOM Maintenance or LOM Management are a shocking bunch. They used to be Easy Services, their MD ended up being investigated by the national press. I did some work for them a while back (before I found this thread). They operate a bit like a venus fly trap - sucking in customers with false promises on when 'they' can get out, advertising from fake addresses and taking deposits off customers who then have to chase forever to get them back when they cancel due to no coverage. A while back they had a load of logos on their website, including gas safe, until they threatened to sue them if they did not remove them.

There are some ethical sub-contract forms around, I work for a couple of them, but my advice is to stay clear of LOM Maintenance if you are an engineer or a potential customer, you are going to be in for a hard time.

I did some work for Dial-a-Rod, I was owed about £250, issued a summons and they have gone bust, not got a penny back. They were being taken to court by Dyno anyway. Another one to watch out for is Flush Home Services, now called Murocolour Maintenance.

Just did some work for them and only just saw this thread now...
Let's see if I get paid. I'll let you know.

Just did some work for them and only just saw this thread now...
Let's see if I get paid. I'll let you know.

Bob, how did you get the job - did they call you out of the blue or are you on their books as a subby?

I know that they are being investigated by the ASA for some very dodgy advertising.

really gets me that people think they can get away with it. im actually winding myself up thinking about it! i've not been caught myself and hope i never do, but if i were to be caught out all the claims courts and repayments etc that i might get just wouldnt seem to even the score sheet in my mind. the fact that someone agreed to pay you on completeion of a service with no intention of actually ever paying you is just plain wrong makes me physicaly want to find the vile human responcible and teach them about the hot end of my blow lamp! and honestly im not like that anymore ive calmed down alot but people like that need to be taught they do not have the power to play with an honest mans income.

Yes, just called out of the blue.
Reflecting back on it at the time they called I thought it was odd but thought I'd go for it.

I'm fairly new to plumbing so the confidence and experience are worth it even if I have been scammed. People might think that's odd but there we go. It isn't a great deal of money so i'd only be out of pocket a bit.

If they don't pay I'll make sure to report them. I'll also go back to the house I did the work in and give them my card so they can deal with a decent plumber in the future
:prrr:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob
Explain your situation to the customer. Advise the customer to do a charge back on their card it will take about a month or soo and ask if the customer can pay you direct.

Before starting ask the customer how much they paid ?

Thanks for the advice. Are there people on here who've had first had experience of them not paying?

It seems mad to me that you're allowed to run a dodgy company close it down then reopen it with a different name. Alcohol licencing considers whether someone is a fit and proper person to hold a licence. You'd have thought they'd see if people were suitable to run a business dealing with emergency repairs

isn't there a site called rated people or something for people to rate trades - i could've swore that i heard rumors of a simialr site but in reverse if you know what I mean -being set up to expose bad customers/those that take the pish.

The problem with this idea is that some rip off business will then try to sue for liable. Then you've stuck with the costs of dealing with that. I for one don't have the time, the money or the heart for that. Got burnt by a couple of solicitors. Real nasty pieces of work. But apart form doing something that, while possibly satisfying, is really illegal they will have all the legal options covered.

I got a call from AA homecare, via PHjones last Crimbo. It was a breakdown job in the local area. Potential for repeat work.
The catch.... The max, only and fixed price for ANY job was £120 payment. So if it was air in a radiator that some old dear needed bleeding to get the rad working again it was £120 or, more likely.. if parts came to that amount with labour on top, you were in the red..

Anyway, changed pump head with one I had on board. Took about half hour, then paperwork. Then the actual company who had subbed me.. PH JONES didn't pay and it took 3 nasty phone calls to various imbecilic women at their end before I got a cheque 3 months later.
Never again will I do any sub con work for anyone like that. Not worth it.

These companies are the ones stealing the work, and milking the money from the jobs and all they do is sit by a phone for a couple of hours a day thinking how to scam money out of the paying customer and the tradesmen doing the work.

It would be better if everyone stopped going through these middlemen and got the work done direct.

And here's another one, same company - STAY AWAY AND SPREAD THE WORD

To all concerned,

Combined Maintenance are speaking with a number of Gas companies throughout *** area, with a view to appointing a gas company to carry out Landlord Gas Safety Certificates, Maintenance works and Installations on behalf of Letting agents, Estate Agencies and Property Management companies all work will be local.

Due to companies increasing contracts and client bases and an increase of market share nationally, Combined Maintenance are looking for companies/engineers who can take on work from:
· Letting and Estate Agent .
· National contract work will be issued through national clients that have managed properties within the area.
· We also market your company alongside our services for any new potential clients within your area this is done and has increased many companies client bases .

By taking on a contract you instantly benefit from an already established great reputation that has taken many years to create and establish in the marketplace. Although you run your own business; you are part of a much larger organisation.
Research shows that twice as many customers would prefer to use a Gas Engineer/company who is affiliated with a national company than a local gas company outlet with no affiliations. Combined Maintenance offer a wide variety of services and products to our clients. These are services such as:

Landlord Safety Certificates, Servicing, Installations, Breakdowns, General Plumbing Bathroom/Kitchen Installations and repairs.
Electrical Rewires, Fuse boards, Landlord Tests, PIR inspections, PAT Testing, Socket & Lights.
Full Maintenance, Painting & Decorating, Fire Safety Inspections and many more.

We understand that some gas companies have spent money on advertising, marketing, sales and other avenues to secure work. However, none of this is guaranteed and can (in most circumstances) be regarded as a "hope" of a return. Combined Maintenance guarantee a client base with work and considering we do not take a percentage of any work carried out by the gas company for the letting agents, it has worked out to be a more financially beneficial decision for both companies involved.

There will also be the opportunity for additional gas work such as installations, repair, breakdowns, callouts or more costly services, plus you will have gas work to cover in your area from our National Contracts

The one off fee for this package is £1895 this covers the full administration costs, all future marketing that we cover and a guaranteed client base
And works for the selected company.

Or

£2195 this will include a training course for PAT Testing we have found that gas engineers now see the benefits on being on these types of courses.
This has also helped them gain extra works and increase the revenue on jobs so they now can cover a service, CP12,
And do the PAT Testing all in one visit means extra work and extra income.

We are only looking for a company that we can work alongside and expand who understands customer service and can work to schedules and deadlines requested from our clients.

Please visit our website for further information www.combinedmaintenance.co.uk

Should a Combined Maintenance contract opportunity be of interest, can you please contact me to find out more.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Brett Ward

Client Agent
Combined Maintenance
0845 548 1344 office
07999501809 out of office
[email protected]

www.combinedmaintenance.co.uk

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please forward to [email protected] . Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of combined maintenance. Finally, you should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses combined maintenance accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.’

Last edited:

I'll do one job then bill them by email. if payment isn't received by credit transfer that day, then i don't do any work in the future. They ring up with more work, I just laugh at them. I work on my terms. No Credit given.

So, it's been about 2 months and still no payment, silly excuses like they must have missed me off the list and the manager wouldn't be in till Monday. I can confirm from my experience that LOM try their hardest not to pay people

I got called out to do a plumbing job for LOM about 2 months ago and must say i had a very good experience with them. When i completed the job I got a phone call from the company making sure the job was done. they also said that I would get paid on time as promised, and i did exactly when they said with no issues.. I was really pleased with how well i got treated and will be doing more jobs for LOM Maintenance.

off all the posts on the forum you choose this one as your first post

dip me in milk , smother me in chocolate cover me in hundreds and thousands and chuck me into a weight watchers class

You lot are so quick to judge! He might be a happy customer.....

Naaa knob head!

Seems rather unlikely that the same company would treat one person well and the other badly....

A further update. I wrote a letter to the guy I did the job for explaining I'd not been paid and warning him off the company. I didn't ask him for anything, just wanted to tell him they're crooks.

He phoned me today and said they'd taken £700! from his elderly in laws back account and he didn't expect to get it back.

I only post it here in the hope that this thread stays high on Google searches for LOM and that it makes people avoid them like the plague. No other word for what they do other than evil really.

Hi Guys i posted this thread a couple of years ago and its shocking how these companies are still operating changing their names once in while and ripping of customers and honest trades people, but i am glad that you guys are more aware of these practices, keep this thread up to date and and names of dubious companies updated.

Please also look at my sticky for Trading Standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ARCHIVED Company's that do not pay in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back