Currently reading:
Advice on a new system

Discuss Advice on a new system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

F49h

Hi Guys and Galls :confused5::confused5:

I am installing a new central heating system with a external oil boiler. I intend to do all the pipe work and let the professionals fit the boiler. My plan is as follows:

22mm Copper pipe to and from the boiler in to the loft up through the chimney Approx 10' run. Copper pipe for water supply
Plastic 22 mm pipe ring main with inserts and compression fittings with copper olives. 22mm - 10mm T's (compression)
Plastic 10mm drops to the radiators buried into the wall. No fittings in the wall. Pipes will be clipped secured.
( do i need to insulate the pipes in the wall and any recommendations)
Auto air release valve at highest point of the system (in loft)

Is it better with inserts and compression fittings (access not a issue) or push fit fittings
Best plastic pipe for the job or are they all the same.
Does any one see any issues with this.

Cheers guys

it goes on to say:

"The use of plastic pipe and fittings is acceptable when used in oil fired installations where the boiler is connected to an open vented system"
and
"Where a sealed system oil fired boiler is to be used all primary boiler pipework to and from the hot water cylinder (if fitted) and any radiator or towel rail circuits must be installed using metal pipe and fittings."

mmmm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on a new system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock