Discuss Adding tiling to my arsenal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
so after a few failed attempts at getting in a tiler only to do sh*t jobs I’m gonna learn to do it myself, that way if I do a sh*t job I only have myself to blame.

Anyone here have any suggestions on the best way to learn? Just dive in? Courses? YouTube?

I’ve posted on the tilers forum also.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Been doing it years as i got fed up with the quality of work these so called professionals turned out learned the hard way just got on with it , prep work is important and set out the tiling before you start plenty of info out there just start with basic stuff mosaics can be tricky you learn little tricks along the way doing a floor tomorrow in a bathroom i use spacers with small plastic wedges top stop tiles sinking nothing worse than a ridge, best of luck bud cheers kop
Thank kop.. I’m doing a 9 day intensive tiling course so at least I’ll have a better idea when my first tiling/bathroom refurb job in September comes around :)

remember tiling on ply is a nono now

is it an nvq jay?

remember tiling on ply is a nono now

is it an nvq jay?
You can pay a little extra to be assessed for the NVQ.. I’m not too bothered about the cert to be honest. My portfolio will speak for itself. It’s the same with plumbing, I’ve got c&g level 2 and to customers it don’t mean anything, long as I can do the job it’s all that matters to them

Was just looking and read the entire link. It worries me that it is not a certificate of any sort. It is a lot of money for no certificate.
Able Skills give you a c&g cert but you don’t cover as much in their course. I’m not bothered about the Certificate to be honest, as long as at the end of it I’m a lot more confident than I am now and I learn the main principles, get decent time tiling and get some pics that’s all I need. I’ve got 3 jobs lined up straight after the course, I’ve told my customers I’ll be fresh out of a tiling course and they don’t care.. as long as their bathroom looks good and is done right that’s all that matters.

Reply to Adding tiling to my arsenal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock