Currently reading:
1.5inch female connector. Pipe broken off inside. Any way to connect another pipe?

Discuss 1.5inch female connector. Pipe broken off inside. Any way to connect another pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NeilFawcett

So we have a 1.5" female connector, and the pipe going into it has snapped off, leaving itself glued flush in there. The pipe is for an exterior pipe leading down (at about 45 degree) into a drain. So can anyone think of a way to connect a fresh pipe onto it?

It's basically as per this image - http://images.discountleisureproducts.co.uk/images/products/zoom/1350554885-27644900.jpg (but the hold pipe has snapped off perfectly leaving no way to slide in a replacement.

The diameter of the female part is approx 49mm and I need to attach a pipe - ideally another 1.5" pipe to it.

There is no room to saw it as this is a 90 degree elbox connected straight onto a pipe coming through the wall. So no room to play with, and the pipe coming inside is hard to access.

Surely there's someway to connect a 1.5" female to another 1.5" female? eg: Wrap something around that glues/braces them togethor? Just need a solid 1.5"/49mm ring that will go over both females parts and glue/stick/weld them togethor?

At the moment I've got it sitting in a 50mm pipe which leads down into the drain to get the water from a->b. And even that is OK as the water is flowing down. Worse case I'll just try and make something out of that, and have have that 50mm pipe carry the water from the 1.5" female outlet down to the drain, and silicon seal around the small gap when the 1.5" female sits inside the 50mm pile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 1.5inch female connector. Pipe broken off inside. Any way to connect another pipe

I'm a bit late with this but a smallish sanding drum in a cordless drill or if you're very careful a hole saw would get the pipe out of the middle. You could then glue a new bit in using a gap filling cement. Proper job then with no bodging. Doesn't help the OP but it may help someone else.

All good options, but I'd just be terrified of rendering the female->female 90degree bend useful. And if that happens, as it's glued onto the tiny pipe coming through the wall, it would then take the repair inside the house where the piping is hard to access and complex.

I've taken the low risk (& luckily cheap and easy) approach - At least for the time being. Good thing is, I can undo it with a screwdriver should it ever want to be done 'properly' :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 1.5inch female connector. Pipe broken off inside. Any way to connect another pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock