Discuss Worst time of my life! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure it can be described as worst time of your life, write a snagging list, get remedial work done, pay final bill. Thats the advice I would offer you.
Dealing calmly and politely with the tradesman will yield better results
No way is it a snagging list, and initial and consistent refusal by the company to remedy the work made the situation worst. Only when the Gas Safe Register got involved did the company agree to rectify all the points raised.

Could get complicated if you brought in another contractor at this stage to sort the lead slate on the roof. Unless you are just wanting a quote? As you haven't paid for the job, you still have to battle on with the heating firm that did the job. Put everything in writing, keeping copies.
The pipework is fairly rough (although could be a lot worse) and some of the pipework and any of the radiators very much off the level are just not acceptable.

You had the worked surveyed and they've been instructed to make good by beginning of July. Be specific as a barely legible ramble will just put off likely contributors.
What help exactly do you want from the forum ?

I posted what help I wanted detailed below in my first post.
"Anybody out there who is near the Atherton area who could make the flue installation look like my neighbours (who just happens to have the same Worcester Bosch boiler and flue) please contact me"

There's a section for that so post your request there...

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

It isn't clear but I wouldn't bring anybody else in until your other issues have been dealt with.

Last edited:
I used to deal with high level complaints for a National Company and many small to medium companies since that.

If the company hasn't cured it by now and has the same snagging list it would be interesting to know why not? Some of the faults are clear and probably easy to rectify so unless the op is stopping them being rectified then I thought they would have been at this stage?

The flue on the neighbor's house looks neater but it also looks like the centre tile under the lead slate is falling away (may be the picture though) whereas the op's flue looks like the right hand tile just needs a full tile to even it up; I guess we could argue the best way all day.

Considering the awkwardness of the roof with the valley lower down and the hip on the left it should have had scaffolding and been in with the cost; I know a lot of guys say no way as I can get to it with a grappling hook but those days are gone!

If you don;t get any real joy from the company I would have got a 3rd party quotation to put all the works right and then seek it from the company if they can't deliver the promised job or give them an opportunity to put all the things right but bullet point each fault in a legible and simple format so they, and any third parties can cost it.

From memory, you have to give the original company the opportunity to put all things right to an agreed standard prior employing a third party to undertake the work or you will have difficulty recovering losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worst time of my life! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock