Discuss Worst job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Machine tool fitter apprentice, basically chained to Mills, Grinders and Lathes all day every day.

Same as me pal.
Done way too many years in a single brick building, old iron window frames with picture glass, doors open 24-7.
You'd stick to the surface tables in the winter, no joke it was that cold.
Done over a year of nightshift on my own, and all the day shift used to leave the right ba5tard jobs for you to do.
Hated it.
Though I like engineering and engineering prog's.Just hated working where I was.
The manager would come down to see how you were progressing with a job, and pick-up the detailed drawing provided, reading it upside down.

I worked on a hospital refurb in Scarborough, 2 hours travel each way a day, so 13 hours out the house only paid 8. Travel in my own car with expenses that left me a fiver short of petrol cost. At £11 an hour for 4 months. Gutted I'd done a four year apprenticeship just for that lol.

blocked toilet in student household in plymouth. didnt have an auger so had to remove pan. it was chocka block lol, took the pan out in the yard and blew it all out with a hose pipe, gagging me lungs up lol !!!!

Three of us got an agency job in a factory in Slough years ago. Turned up and each got given a different colour paint tin and told to paint the pipes from the source the correct colour all thro this factory. dead easy until they went into the ceiling or thro a wall as we were paid by the metre
we gave up trying to identify the correct ones in the end and just kept on painting !.

Looking back one was gas and the other two hot and cold he he CHK

refit a dentists room while the other rooms were still being used.. the noise of the drills scared me for life lol

we used to do loads of washing machine installs for Currys in Somerset. Frank my partner went to one..........the customer wanted a machine cause her hubby was ill and needed the laundry done
regular. Frank turns up starts banging waste out but was asked to be quiet. Then the priest turns up
along with a load of female mourners........the fella had passed on ! I get a call from Franks wife to say go and get him ---- he was hammered.........he had been at the wake all afternoon drinking
bushmills with the priest ! He did not surface for a whole day after centralheatking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worst job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back