Discuss work diary (computer based) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone use a computer based work diary?

If so do you know of one that can be accessed via home laptop and iphone?

Interested to here what people use even if you can't access via smart phone etc

Also, anyone got a system for chucking out a letter on a 12 monthly basis for servicing etc? Can't think how to do it at the moment apart from manually setting an alarm which sounds like it could be a chore and easy to mess up!

Cheers, Sam

Maybe its me, I think theres a bit too much technology, I'm not a dinosaur but if you corrupt your hard drive at home with **** or get the blue screen of death, drop your £300 iphone in a puddle you've lost it!

For me a pen and paper does it everytime, generally faster than typing it into an iphone or pc at home.

Certainly more reliable.

Yes, before anyone asks I back up everything twice just to be safe (Incl ****) and I still prefer a pen and a bit of paper for writing down addresses and jobs.

I know what your saying, but i have my reasons

a) I want reminding of when to send reminders ! :goofy:

b) I'm going through MCS which is full of computer based stuff so one more won't hurt

c) my handwriting is awful!

d) I will be using email a lot so computer based documents help as I don't need to scan anything in

(for some reason my 'edit' function has disappeared! Damn computers, who'd use them!)

My secret is post it's, bloody hundreds of em.

Just like my old boss then, looked like a fully tiled bathroom suite in his office with all those post it's stuck to the walls, no wonder he couldn't find what he wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to work diary (computer based) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock