Currently reading:
who is in the north east

Discuss who is in the north east in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael c

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
As title just wondering who is in the north east and what peoples work loads are like?

I am, work was crazyly bad past 4 years now i work in a different area (30mins drive every morning) and working for different employer. Me and boss and 1 apprentice is rushed off our feet!! Never seen so much work in past 4 years

Are either of you getting into the eco deals, i.e the free boiler installs

Not really, its all renewable energy. Most work is biomass boilers

I am, nr northallerton.

I have just set up as a sole trader and am struggling like hell. Posted about 5000 leaflet through doors and not a bean.

The local free ad pamplet 'on your doorstep' has 24 plumbers/heat engineers advertising this month (sometimes 2 a page) and I know off about anothr 5or 6 on top off that.

I can last another week or 2 then its back to working for someone else and cutting the losses...

Re the green deal

I applied for this and am supposed to start getting work throught beginning of april but it all seems a bit vague..

I am, nr northallerton.

I have just set up as a sole trader and am struggling like hell. Posted about 5000 leaflet through doors and not a bean.

The local free ad pamplet 'on your doorstep' has 24 plumbers/heat engineers advertising this month (sometimes 2 a page) and I know off about anothr 5or 6 on top off that.

I can last another week or 2 then its back to working for someone else and cutting the losses...

Just stick with it, hopefully things start getting better for you

Thanks whl

I will keep the business going anyhow have paid out for gas safe reg, fga, van, bus. Insurance etc and doubt i will get a lot back if i cancel everything

even if it means just doing weekend work whilst working fulltime for someone else (most likely commercial maintanence).

Ali i did same as u, and was in your position. Got offered about 3 jobs and took 1

I thought about the money but now its all been made back.

Now and again i think ive made a mistake however, i need money to survive and glad as i dont want all the stress etc

Re the green deal

I applied for this and am supposed to start getting work throught beginning of april but it all seems a bit vague..

Who with mate and try get a part time job and do gas until it picks up thats what im considering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to who is in the north east in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock