Discuss When you have given someone a quote.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
For a new boiler and not heard anything back.
You then get a missed call and an answer phone message from that person. You listen to it expecting a question or to hear you got the job but instead they think they have called another person and are asking for a boiler quote.
Do you:
leave it
Ring back and explain
Ring back and pretend to be someone else

You then get a missed call and an answer phone message from that person. You listen to it expecting a question or to hear you got the job but instead they think they have called another person and are asking for a boiler quote.
Do you:
leave it
Ring back and explain
ring back and add 10%

Do you:
leave it
Ring back and explain

what ring back with a Scottish accent or something?
id ignore it, if they are getting different quotes in they are just doing what 90% of all customers do! the other 10% just like having a chat.

Leave it I would ,had one other week where cust agreed price for little bit of work and when I turned up he already had it done ,frustrating

what ring back with a Scottish accent or something?
id ignore it, if they are getting different quotes in they are just doing what 90% of all customers do! the other 10% just like having a chat.

I was thinking stick on a fake beard and pop over to do another quote, see if they notice

Last edited:
Haha, i like confrontation, i view it as a sport.

i would turn up, clock youve already given a quote, ask if they lost it or thought you were too expensive.

put em on the spot ;)

I would leave it. Waste of time. Wait few weeks get a dolly bird to call them , offer stupidly good deal ........ Never show up on day !

ring them back and quote 50% more than yours over the phone as you never do visits as the blooddy custards always go for someone else anyhow :)

phone them back in an accent and say " i can give you a quote but to be honest "your name" does a neater job for less money"

phone them back in an accent and say " i can give you a quote but to be honest "your name" does a neater job for less money"
In all seriousness you could be on to something, but instead just say I'm actually injured ATM but can recommend someone to you who is very reliable brilliant etc and worth every penny then give your own details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to When you have given someone a quote.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back