Currently reading:
What has caused the corrosion?

Discuss What has caused the corrosion? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

snowdrop

Asking for some help….

Would anyone be able to tell me what has caused the green corrosion on the pipe in the first photo?

This particular pipe leaked soon after the photo. The installers are saying it is caused by hard water.
But the pipe was installed 17mths before. In my view it is flux - from what I have learnt.

There are a lot of patches and spots of green on other pipes. I understand that the green is excessive flux from handling and tools, but the installers do not agree, although they cannot tell me what it is.
They have admitted that there is a lot of flux left on the pipes around the joins.

To me the green corrosion shown in the first photo looks the same as that in the other photos which is on the outside and therefore could not be hard water.

In my view it is odd that the leak is caused by hard water according to the installers, whereas all the other patches of corrosion can only be caused by flux.

These are just my views and I am grateful for any views and comments from those with experience.

Attachments

• P1000666.jpg
    P1000666.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 106
  • P1000711.jpg
    P1000711.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 98
  • P1000731.jpg
    P1000731.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 97
Latex gloves keeps flux away from plumber's fingers but doesn't protect the pipes being handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What has caused the corrosion? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock