Currently reading:
Well that's the Labour Party finished!

Discuss Well that's the Labour Party finished! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Just heard Jeremy Corburn has been elected leader.
Yes, that IRA/Sinn Fein supporting gentleman.
Not to leave out Hamas and others of course.
Safe to predict he will get nowhere for the Labour Party.
How come these mad lefties are "for the people", but only certain people?

At last a real politician who says what he believes in. Not like Blair and Cameroon who are just plastic and do anything to be popular. I don't agree with all his policies, but he will be a breath of fresh air when challenging the government. He also is a euro sceptic and could unite the anti europe factions in the up coming referendum.

At last a real politician who says what he believes in. Not like Blair and Cameroon who are just plastic and do anything to be popular. I don't agree with all his policies, but he will be a breath of fresh air when challenging the government. He also is a euro sceptic and could unite the anti europe factions in the up coming referendum.

Trouble is Nicro, its already started. Corbyn has a clear track record of wanting to leave NATO and Europe. Yet he is already prevaricating about both. Why? Because the realities and responsibilities of leadership are a world away from the irresponsible freedom of the back-bench rebel.

I think that Cameron, Osborne etc will go easy on him for a while. Partly because if they don't it looks like posh kids bullying (another posh kid, at it happens), but also because they don't want to destroy him too early. There's no point in shooting your Kinnock if there is a John Smith (Dan Jarvis) waiting in the wings.

But I'm absolutely with you in wanting out of Europe.

For peace to prevail dialogue must take place. Mo Mowlam was herself accused of flirting with terrorists but her courage did much to bring about the peace we enjoy today.

I for one believe that Mo did a great deal of good simply by talking to them.

Interestingly Ray I understand he will let any labour mp who wishes to grill the pm in prime ministers questions and take it in turns. Should be rather enlightening and entertaining to say the least. At last not all the major leaders are clones and maybe we will all wake up and smell the coffee and not take the b-lls--t we have all been fed over the 30 years.

I understand he will let any labour mp who wishes to grill the pm in prime ministers questions and take it in turns. Should be rather enlightening and entertaining to say the least.

Think I heard on tv that he invited Q`s from the public to be put forward for PM`s Q&A`s coupled with what nicro3 mentioned.

Interestingly Ray I understand he will let any labour mp who wishes to grill the pm in prime ministers questions and take it in turns. Should be rather enlightening and entertaining to say the least. At last not all the major leaders are clones and maybe we will all wake up and smell the coffee and not take the b-lls--t we have all been fed over the 30 years.

I was interested in that as well Nicro. My understanding is that there are treasury questions and home office questions etc for all the lesser departments. If labour put up back-benchers for PMQs, does Cameron have to take them himself, or can he put up a back-bencher to reply? I'm not sure what the protocol is.

Mind you, shiny Dave is so slippery at the despatch box that I don't suppose anyone could get a straight answer out of him. Am I the only one who thinks that the whole PMQ thing is a waste of time? Its worse than the X factor, and thats bad enough.

I`m with you on the PMQ thing, find it such a waste of time. Straight questions are side stepped and as for all the shouting and howling like schoolboys well ......

No Ray, he cannot let his minions field the questions as it is the prime ministers job unless he is away on other business the his deputy or the next senior in line.

unless he is away on other business the his deputy or the next senior in line.

Press release:

Downing street press office confirms that the Prime Minister is suffering from a slight cold, and will not be able to answer PMQs today. The treasury confirms that the Chancellor will be at a meeting of EU finance ministers, and the foreign office explained that the Foreign Sec will continue his tour of Caribbean beaches.

The Home office apologised on behalf of the Home secretary, who will be addressing a different load of criminals during her visit to HMP Wormwood Scrubs.

The Health Secretary is in hospital, and the Education secretary has been held in after class.

The transport secretary is stuck in traffic, and the environment secretary only rides a bike and can't get there in time.

The Minister of Defence defended his decision to stay way, and the Scottish Secretary and Welsh Secretary are in Edinburgh and Cardiff respectively.

The Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster has a note from his mum asking for him to be excused rough sports.

So No 10 confirm that PMQs will be answered by the Downing street cat, who will probably make more sense than the rest of them put together.

Jeremy Corbyn will be at a protest rally against the closure of some pit which shut down during the Boer war.

Last edited by a moderator:
This tweet Cameron made as Corbyn won illustrates my point precisely : "The Labour Party is now a threat to our national security, our economic security and your family's security."

Strike fear into the masses with one hand whilst depriving them with the other

As others have stated i am also not a supporter of any particular party but to be frank he is offering an alternative - but so far one that from what ive heard i dont like the sound of - but ill give him a chance to establish his policies. ..

I have been particularly disalusioned with the setup generally of all parties but do appreciate the direct stand of farage on issues of immigration as i truly believe its gonna lead to a bad bad situation.

The split of the coalition was the worst possible thing to happen and let the conservatives off thier lead.

Miliband neither sounded like a prime minister or looked like one.

At least corbyn is a good speaker and presents well.

Lets see.......

Anyone know what the SNP stance is on Corbyn, can he take the wind out of there sails so to speak.

Dont think it will make a difference...The red tories truly screwed themselves up here for along while.

Does anyone not think why the tories and the Murdoch press are starting with the wee soundbytes frae Corbyn? Have noticed already that what the press and the tories have printed as his statements have been taken totally out of context.....
Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Well that's the Labour Party finished! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock