Currently reading:
Vokera excell80sp query

Discuss Vokera excell80sp query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys... just a heads up first I've popped over from the electrical Forum where I Mod' for a little advice, yep I know, a Sparky asking a Plumber for advice, must be a sign of the end of the world :O
What my issue is my own boiler has been playing up, I'm a Electrical Engineer by trade and build control systems so actually identifying the problem wasn't a issue, burner flame cutout, refusal to ignite etc etc all traced down to the fan that had slowly but surely bit the dust and seized up, anyway after replacing said part it cured all the problems in one swift swoop but a new issue has risen it ugly head - the flame will only work in low thus I get luke warm water and C/H the same..

My query is what the Modulator voltages should be for High and Low as at present I'm only seeing 12v dc with a low flame.. now the way I see this is it thinks its already at temperature with the onboard stat which both are set to full, I'm aware it should start off high flame but it doesn't so suspect the fault on the pcb... any input would be great and please be kind or I'll set Dan on you :D

PS - I am not interfering with the Gas side and nothing has been changed other than the fan which before its failure the boiler was all working fine.

Last edited:
Don't think that the problem was helping you out mate. I thought the rules on here was that we cannot discuss gas issues to people on here through on open forum? Did I miss something?

Don't think that the problem was helping you out mate. I thought the rules on here was that we cannot discuss gas issues to people on here through on open forum? Did I miss something?

With all respect we have similar rules our side too, but the admin and mods including myself will take it on a case by case value and not slap a one fits all rule on it, I dare say your own Mods and Admin will share the same approach but if you disagree please feel free to report my thread and get a second opinion, I ask you, given my profession and the fact I design some of the equipment your trade connects to, do you seriously think that preaching GS rules that don't apply to me working on my own boiler in my own property somehow means I cannot take the cover off for a routine electrical issue and replacement of the part?

With all respect we have similar rules our side too, but the admin and mods including myself will take it on a case by case value and not slap a one fits all rule on it, I dare say your own Mods and Admin will share the same approach but if you disagree please feel free to report my thread and get a second opinion, I ask you, given my profession and the fact I design some of the equipment your trade connects to, do you seriously think that preaching GS rules that don't apply to me working on my own boiler in my own property somehow means I cannot take the cover off for a routine electrical issue and replacement of the part?
I do not and will not get into a heated arguement with you mate. :p I may be new to this but if I had commented on your question, then I would have been told off for it. Please look at my link below.
https://www.User PlumbersForums.net...legally-work-on-a-gas-appliance-factsheet.pdf
If they do not work please let me know and I will post pictures of the pages. If you wanted an answer from a MOD then surely you should have messaged one of them directly and not posted it onto an open forum and as you mentioned above for clarity to myself please can I ask @Lou or @Dan to either please explain how I am wrong on this matter or can one of the Gas Safe MODS from this forum explain please. As far as I am concerned the fan is inside the combustion cover which my link covers? And the rules still apply.

Hi guys

Unfortunately this thread needs moving to gsr forum.

I am closing it now too.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vokera excell80sp query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock