Currently reading:
vaillant vertical flue

Discuss vaillant vertical flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

deandive

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys im after a bit of advice, im fitting a vertical Flue to an ecotec plus831 and cant find any guidance as to required distances from a ridge vent type flue, Im thinking for some reason 1500mm but I cant find any guidance to back that up. In the MI it doesnt give a figure for this scenario or for any open flue for that matter, it does state 300mm from any vent or opening horizontally. The new flue will be on a pitched roof and the best desired location would be 300mm horizontal and 330mm down the pitched roof from the ridge tile? To my mind I dont think it can go there.......... but it would make my life easier.

I have 1200 in my mind? Is old vent redundant? If so block it or replace ridge? U will most likely need to remove ridge to install roof flashing any way!

It's 1200 from a terminal facing the terminal and as the flue gasses discharge sideways from a vertical terminal I'd go with that dimension unless, as the cow says, it's redundant when it could be viewed as a vent.

Cheers guys I think il come off the first section with a 45 run it at least 1200 and break through the roof there, fingers crossed I won't fall off the roof whilst doing it ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vaillant vertical flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Back