Currently reading:
Underground Clay pipe.

Discuss Underground Clay pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

The soil stack in my house has been leaking underground and I have found that it is coming from the clay bend that goes off to the sewer as the bend is broken/cracked. I need to replace the bend and was wondering the best method of doing this.

I understand that I will need to cut the clay pipework. Will I need to do this on a straight piece of the clay pipework and then replace the bend with a plastic bend. If so what is the best fitting for connecting onto the clay pipe (underground) and do I need to use any sealant or cement/mortar with the fitting.

Many thanks
Daz

this should be covered on building insurance, do your self a favour and get someone who knows what they are doing in, if you mess up on salt glazed pipe you could be chasing breaks forever.

Instead of digging a big hole in your hose get it relined from outside had one done in summer for customer cost £300 quid but guranted and less invasive to customers house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underground Clay pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back